Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: The "I" Edition

Inability
Being discouraged by my own inability to change is not trusting in Him to make me whole.  There are times when I’m struggling so hard, and all He wants me to do is trust in Him.  It’s like a like a baby fighting sleep.

As children of God, we are supposed to be obedient.   He tells us to roll our cares on Him, but so often we trust in our own strength because we think we can do something (or that we have to do something) to accomplish freedom, but the truth is, He is our freedom; He doesn’t give it to us, He IS.    But when we get the “I gotta do” attitude, we start to rely on our own ability.  I don’t know about you, but I’ve proven “my own ability” is actually “my inability.” 
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.  They have bowed down and fallen; But we have risen and stand upright.   Psalm 20:7-8 
I want my desire to be obedient and Christ-like to outweigh my desire to lose weight.  My desires are not always right, though!  But, if I am doing my part (not giving into gluttony…not even a little bit) the desired weight loss will naturally follow.  He doesn’t leave us alone in our battle to be obedient.  (It can be a battle, can’t it?)  He has shown me that by staying off sugar, it’s much easier for me to not be gluttonous.

May He grant you according to your heart's desire
And fulfill all your purpose.
We will rejoice in your salvation,

And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!
May the
 Lord fulfill all your petitions.
Psalm 20:4-5
 

5 comments:

  1. Margaret, this post is uncannily similar to the talk I had with the Lord just this morning. Same thoughts, same words--obedience to His word and being His servant, His way needs to be my goal. Growing in Christ-likeness and trusting in His care... Haha. Well, just read your post, and you've got my morning talk with Jesus. :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes in your quest to be obedient....and eat right. Great goals. Happy A-Z'ing!
    http://diamondvilleclarksdennisroberta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard sometimes, to trust God but He always has it in control and never lets me down! Obedience isn't easy for sure, it makes life easier at times...blessings and thanks for sharing your heart..new follower via the challenge

    Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Iris are beautiful and they don't strive at all to glorify their King
    May we call upon Him rather than our own ability

    smiles for your day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it day by day...

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive