Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Karma

Karma is a Hindu/Buddhist term to cover what the Bible tells us…we reap what we sow.    It doesn’t matter what reasons one uses to malign, belittle, harass, incite hate, bully, or degrade others…if you do it, you’ll pay.   Chances are, the more you talk, the more “facts” you have wrong, anyway.    Call it what you will:  “They needed it,” “Just making people aware,” "exposing," or “karma.”   The fact is that it’s revenge, and it’s spiteful.   If you are involved in it, you also will reap what you sow.  


I know I don’t always sow good seeds, but I hope that I will always strive to be a better person, not give in to human nature and seek revenge when I’ve been wronged, or when I just perceived I was wronged, when really it was just that the truth hurt.   And often…the truth does hurt, especially when it hurts someone we love.  

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.   
Galatians 6:7

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.  
Romans 12:19

5 comments:

  1. Needed this today! Thanks for the reminder to try to sow good seeds in our actions and our words! Happy Leap Year Day!

    make it a good one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Karma pointing the radar laser at YOU or perhaps one of your FRIENDS or LEADERS?
    Thank GOD almighty for the CONCEPT of KARMA!
    It reflects the admonishments of Christ HIMSELF: Judge NOT that ye BE NOT JUDGED!
    Exposing hypocrites in the blog world is the latest gift from KARMA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lost me on the judge not/karma concept; but please don't explain. I know I wouldn't agree.

      In answer to your question, no, I don't know any of the people in question, on either side, other than through blogs. All the extreme hatred is rather disturbing.

      Delete
  3. TBR, I know you like a happy, fun blog, so I won't say too much here. The absolute worst thing about Billy Bob's idea of karma is that he and others have misidentified several people. They have also used words you wouldn't use at your grandmother's (I hope). I saw two people identified as me today and neither one is. Wait while I look in the mirror. Yep, neither one is me. They are both successful women, so I'm flattered. I'm not sure how they feel about being called the two "b*****s." Thanks for being our friend Margaret, or is that Margo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a previous blog:

    Are we as Christians, or any discerning individual, not to judge when a crime has taken place? If the answer is no, then there is no need for police or courts. Everyone from Charles Manson to Adolph Hitler is innocent by reason of (fill in the blank). No, we are most certainly to judge in many cases. Here's a quote that sums it up admirably:

    F.F. Bruce: "Judgment is an ambiguous word, in Greek as in English: it may mean sitting in judgment on people (or even condemning them), or it may mean exercising a proper discrimination. In the former sense judgment is depreciated; in the latter sense it is recommended.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive