Friday, February 3, 2012

Birthdays and Hearing Issues...


I woke up grumpy again today.   It’s probably not the “winter blahs” considering we haven’t had much of a winter.  I think the weekend will be therapeutic thing for me, even if it is a rainy one.  What’s better for doing nothing?    I have a birthday coming up, but I’m really not too antsy about it…even if I do only tell my age under duress, or when my sister tricks me into telling it by telling folks I’m older than I am, which compels me to “correct” her.   If that ever happens again, I’ll just remind her that making me older makes her older as well, and she’s in a whole ‘nother decade.    ::::snicker::::

If I were honest, I’d have to say that my inability to change is what bothers me most of all.   I’m really glad the Apostle Paul let me know I’m not alone:   “I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, that I do.”   (Romans 7:15)  Yep.  That’s me.

This morning I stopped for a very fattening breakfast tea at Jack’s.   I hate it when they don’t put the lid on tight, and my drink spills down the front of my clothes on the first attempted sip.  It did not help my mood a’tall; but by the time I got to work, I was thinking I’d probably be able to make it through the day, and it appears I was right.   Speaking of Jacks, I don't know why "sweet tea" sounds like Dr. Pepper, nor how "bacon and cheese" can be misunderstood as "sausage."   Could just be me.

Lovely weekend Pictures, Images and Photos

6 comments:

  1. you talking about me??!! and as far as the order goes...i bet you got someone else's order. either way...they goofed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you! But no, when she repeated my order back to me, that's what she said, so I repeated my order and she got it right. It was good, too. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate blog drama. When I read the Anonymous comment a couple posts ago, I was concerned. It sounded threatening. There are a lot of nuts out there.

    I dislike threatening more than drama. Truth is, it brings out the worst in me and makes me want to do much more than threaten. Then, of course, I have to repent for even thinking such things. sigh.

    Some people have no idea how fortunate they are that I'm a Christian...

    I hope your blog drama subsides and that your weekend is swell.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew there was a term "blog drama"; learned something new today! Hoping the weekend is a great one for you, relaxing, refreshing, therapeutic, etc!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if I posted blog drama yesterday I was venting not about the blogs but venting about my grandson. I feel grumpy too! When is your birthday - mine is soon too. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Deb said...

    Of course, if you do want drama, start a political blog with a touch of local crime and you'll draw the crazies out of the woodwork.

    My favorite criticism is that our blog is "slanted" with opinion. Uh, folks who live in caves, that's the point!

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive