Saturday, April 6, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: The "F" Edition

Did you know that the commandment "Do not fear" or a phrase akin to it, is in the Bible over 350 times?  I think He means for us not to fear, but to trust.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
~Psalm 23:4


 photo 2013AtoZFlowers2_zps709cabc8.jpg 
Flowers! (UNA)
 photo 2013AtoZFlower1_zps38ca04bb.jpg 
 
 photo 2013AtoZFlight_zpsb8f7d730.jpg 
Flight (Florence Harbor)
 
 photo 2013AtoZFlags_zpse9e44830.jpg 
Flags (Florence Harbor)
 
 photo 2013AtoZFerns_zpsabd77f3c.jpg 
Fern
 
 photo Fog-CadesCove.jpg
Smoky Mountain Fog

5 comments:

  1. All too often I emulate Peter rather than Christ. Fear can be very powerful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GSM photo is stunning! Bill and I went on our first hike today in an effort to get in shape for May's trip to Gatlinburg. (We still had snow here this week! so our fitness campaign has been delayed.)

    Fear. Yes. I've been thinking about fear a lot lately. It can close one's world if we let it, causing us to collapse in on ourselves as we shut out other people along with the truth we are afraid to hear, the growth we are afraid to embrace, and the risks we are afraid to take.

    Giving into fear, as we resist courage, makes us unable to receive teh abundant life Jesus came to give us.

    Haha. I told you I've been thinking a lot about fear lately. :}

    Deb

    Hey. I have a prayer request over on my Called to be Free blog. I'd appreciate it if you popped over for a look. Thanks. I know you know how to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, there is an F word for your photography. Nice f pictures.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
    Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Sometimes we do need a reminder not to fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I wish I could garden. Too bad it involves worms and dirt and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive