Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: The "C" Edition



 photo GodWhispers2_zps071aafe0.jpg
From my personal, handwritten journal...from my alone time with God:

Change

Change.  I have proved over and over that I am unable to change myself!  Have you ever found yourself asking God to change you?  “Change my heart, Oh God, make it ever true….”  Or “Create in me a clean heart and renew a steadfast spirit within me…”    I spent my life as a Christian asking (or begging) God to change me.   I finally figured out that this particular prayer is like any other prayer, I really need to believe that God will do what I’m asking….to make me more like Him. 

There is freedom in change, and we will only find it in our Lord, the God of love and mercy.  Seek Him, and He will make His ways known to you.  Trust Him, and Him only…don’t trust in your own strength to change.



 photo 2013AtoZGraphicC_zps79ead40b.jpg

The "C" Word of the Day:

craw·fish
[kraw-fish] verb
Informal:  to back out or retreat from a position or undertaking. 

I was going to use the word "collude" for the word of the day, but I crawfished on it.






 photo 2013AtoZCashJohnny_zps37eb0a4d.jpg 
  Johnny Cash was my first crush...I was six years old.   
He'll always have a special place in my heart.
I found this wall dedicated to him in Nashville, 
so, of course, I had to have a picture.
 photo 2013AtoZConstruction_zpsf0b6985f.jpg 
Contruction....anywhere, USA 
(This particular one is in Nashville, of course.)
 
 photo 2013AtoZClefTreble_zpsc9028b60.jpg 
Treble Cleft
Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Nashville, TN
 photo ChristChapelColumns_zps3019061b.jpg
  Columns at Christ Chapel, where I attend church.
 photo ABCCardinal.jpg 
Cardinal
(My back yard) 

7 comments:

  1. A lot of good C words.

    I'm from A-Z Challenge. Wishing you a happy C-day
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. All us great bloggers can still collude...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a little "colludation" every now and then. bwahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to crawfish from change...like a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading the post and looking at the photos. Good luck with the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly enjoyed your C post! The pictures are awesome!! I would love to have a cardinal visit my yard!
    Connie #133
    A to Z Challenge.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only constant in life is 'change.' I think that our own action, combined with prayer, will bring better results. God can help us change, but it really comes down to us doing something positive about it, and God will make up the rest.

    Nice post, and all the best through April!

    Keep Calm and A-Z
    An A-Z of learning English
    Round the world from A to Z

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive