Friday, April 5, 2013

A to Z Blogging Challenge: The "E" Edition


 photo GodWhispers3_zps92c495cd.jpg 
An Easy Yoke
From my handwritten journal, in my alone time with God:
 
Do you believe what God says?  Then believe His many promises!  He promised us a light load and an easy yoke...
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.   Matthew 11:29-30
If He promises freedom, is He not just to deliver it?  His peace is beyond our understanding. He hears our prayers, and His heart is moved toward us.  We are His children, and He never once has forsaken us...and He never will.




 photo 2013AtoZGraphicE_zps5dcf7fa1.jpg
E Word of the day:

e∙phem∙er∙al
[ih-fem-er-uh l]

Adjective:
lasting a very short time; short lived; transitory 

Noun:
Anything short lived

Life is ephemeral...I've spent too many years not enjoying it.  I think it's time to raise my expectations!




I'll be the first to admit I'm cheating.   It's been so cold and wet that I haven't bothered to go in quest of new E photos.   These are the ones I used last year.   But, now, if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't have known, would you?   ::::grin::::



Photobucket
Elk in the Cataloochie Valley
Great Smoky Mountains
Photobucket

Photobucket
Snowy Egret
Palm Island Park, Mount Dora, FL

Photobucket

Photobucket
Black Eyed Susan



8 comments:

  1. Nice Elk! :) My mum made a great elk hat for a dress-up party we went to in Canada. She won the prize for best costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and message! I've always loved that verse.

    Happy Friday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! And ephemeral is such a great word.

    A to Z Participant
    Cherie Reich - Author and Surrounded by Books Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. But now we do know those pictures are from last year...but we won't tell them that next year;o)Besides, the first time you see something, it's always 'new.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I recognize the pictures from the Great Smoky mtns . I was born in
    Knoxville and spent most of my life in ET. Great post, good word. Best regards to you Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ephermal is a beautiful word and neat to see a herd of elk. I've seen them alone in these parts, but not all together.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive