Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Negativity

A Challenge for Tomorrow
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Negativity Free Zone
Will you join me?
I remember my mom saying, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”   Last night, I had the thought that I wouldn’t say anything negative about anybody all day.   I made until around 8:30….that’s a.m. by the way.

Tomorrow, I pledge a Negativity Free day for me.   No negative comments from my mouth (or my keyboard) about anyone or to anyone, not even myself!

That includes politicians and celebrities
They are people, too.
Supposedly.

When you get mad at someone, do you have conversations in your head…telling them all about their transgressions?    Maybe I’m the only one who does that.   None of that head noise tomorrow, either.   I will capture those thoughts when they come knocking, before they take up residence inside my head…because at some point later, it will most likely come out of my mouth.

Words are powerful.

No Negativity covers complaining as well.
I hope I don’t explode by the end of the day!

8 comments:

  1. Well I just got to this - late Wednesday and I am late however - I have done pretty well and promise to watch myself the rest of the day! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i hope you don't explode too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so on target for me today. I've spent the day, "un"entertaining thoughts. It's been amazingly difficult. I get a good bit into the conversation/rant before I remember I'm not doing that today and stop myself.

    Soooooo, I'm all set up for the Negativity Free Challenge.

    Chuckle. As I read the particulars, I thought, "Oh, dear. I may explode" then read those very words in yuor post and saw you're little person. Yep. That may be me. :o

    Tomorrow. Me and you, kid.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today, I am more aware of my negative comments/thoughts...which are many! It is not going to be easy! But I hope it's the first day of a kinder new me.

      Delete
  4. Hey. I'm getting ready for church and have to go, but when I get back home, I'll put your challenge on my blog. With the cow! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. BTW, church tonight is a special service. A minister is coming in for a "miracle service". My husband and I could use a couple. I'll let you know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the concept; I'll have to see. I'm not sure I can get through the day though without some negative thoughts in my head if I get a particularly hard dictator (who, like a politician, I suppose is a person too, though if one comes to this country, one should work hard to learn the language, enough said :)

    I admire your efforts and look forward to hearing of your achievement for the day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am laughing at your post.. I grew up hearing that same speach from my mother too! lol I will try right along with you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive