Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One Day at a Time: It's all I can do, anyway...

Regarding yesterday’s blog, I am not striving for perfection…I’d fail immediately.  I am working on changing the things I can change…and it won’t happen in a day.   Possibly, my biggest problem will be not being negative toward myself. 

We are directed in the Bible to love our neighbors as ourselves.   In fact, Jesus said to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind was the first and great commandment, and the second was like it, to love our neighbor as ourselves.  (Matt 22:37-38)   Just in case you missed it, that means we are to love ourselves as well.

You may not have any trouble with that…I hope you don’t.   I struggle with it, just as I struggle with my weight, and I am not sure if the two are intertwined.   What I do know is there is healing for my soul.  For yours, too.

It’s not like I don’t have negative thoughts trying to crop up already, and it’s very early in the day.   Doing something like this makes you very aware of your thought process.  

Plus, I have my trusty co-workers to help me…since I’ve made it public, they are watching!   Haha!  

Have a great Hump Day!

4 comments:

  1. what else are co workers good for??!! none of us are perfect, but we should be working on things we can change, thought processes being one of them. good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The accountability is good with the coworkers! I know what you are saying; we are to hold captive those thoughts that are not pleasing to God, including the thoughts we have about ourselves for we do know what he thinks about us. I do believe you will have a good day today!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. AS the proverb goes, "You can't stop a bird from landing on your head, but you don't have to let it build a nest in your hair." :} So it is with negative thoughts.

    Re: loving ourselves. I certainly get your point. Thing is, even when we're critical of ourselves, we love ourselves very much. For instance, we feed and cloth ourselves without hesitation. We push to the front of the line, pick the best fruit from the grocers, arrange for our success... Even when we're emotionally at odds with us, we look out for us quite well anyway. that's love. Just putting those "loving" acts to work for our neighbors is a good start, I think.

    Later, gator.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day at a time is all I can do myself! HAHA And LOVE yourself! You are worth it. sandie

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive