Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sundays and Answers

I can’t believe it’s Sunday night already.   I definitely feel as if I’ve lost an hour today.   I don’t usually have issues with the time change, but I didn’t sleep well last night which didn’t help…nor did a nap!  

I was telling five year old Samara how smart she was last night, and she asked me if I thought she was smarter than me.   I asked her if she thought she was smarter than me.   She answered without hesitation and with a little giggle, “Yes!” 

She may not be so very far from wrong.   Answers from children are just so logical sometimes… they answer from the heart, and from the obvious factors around them.    Answers from the Bible are not always so clear.    I’ve thought about the answers I got on my question about prayer, and frankly, too much thinking wears me out.

For example, Psalm 37:4 tells us:   Delight yourself in the LORD; and He will give you the desires of your heart.   Does that mean He gives us what we desire, or He puts His Godly desires in our hearts?

In answer to my question about God hearing the prayers of the unsaved, a Facebook friend pointed out two verses:   I Peter 3:12 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; and Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.  

I also considered the comments from Deb “He makes exceptions as He pleases,”   Seriously Though’s own experience of answered prayer in an “un-converted state,” and Betty’s reminder that He’s sovereign and does what He wants…all true.  

Thanks to everyone who took a few minutes to give me your thoughts!   This is not a burning question for me, as I am God’s child and He definitely hears me.   I had just wondered about whether or not He hears all prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you about the time change - it bothered me today today - I felt losing the hour this time! I'm tired. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. time change?? what time change?? the day has just gone by faster than usual. ha!! love love love those tulips!! or did i mention that already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took an hour nap this afternon, LOL :) Exactly an hour, didn't plan it either, but still feeling out of sorts with the time change. It is definitely easier to fall back.

    Cute time with your grand-daughter; bet you enjoyed it all!

    I'm reading an interesting book "My Imaginary Jesus"; I'll be reviewing it when I'm through reading it. Its making Jesus how we want him to be, kind of like in our own eyes, rather than who he really is. I think we need to be careful with that too in certain aspects of God and his character, which does include what he chooses to do about hearing or not hearing prayers. Like you, I'm glad he does hear my prayers and definitely answers them as he sees fit!

    now onto a new week!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive