Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's a Rainy Six Word Saturday...



I'm granddog-sitting this weekend.   He's a chihuahua mix, very docile, and his name is Pinky (though he's not pink at all).   I think I'll call him Huckleberry.   Or Bruiser.   I had forgotten what it was like to have a dog who could hear in the house.   Poor Peppy, who can't hear, has taken a liking to little Huckleberry, but I don't think Huck is too fond of being mauled.   Healthwise, Peppy is doing pretty well considering the cancer and diabetes.   He's seems to have gotten a burst of fresh energy since Huckleberry got here last night.

Weeks just fly by these days.   I can remember, over the days of my past my life, hearing people say that the older you get, the faster time flies.   I know that time really isn't moving any faster (nor am I) but the feel of it moves extremely fast.    I can't believe we are well into March already.   

Ole Boy and I love to get out and do things on the weekends.   We take rides up to Lawrenceburg and Ethridge and visit the Mennonite community, where we buy fresh bread, garden vegetables and watermelons. (NEVER try their butter! ::::shudder::::)    We also ride over to Huntsville and go to Monte Sano State Park...or to the Dismals, or Cane Creek.   Wheeler Dam is also a nice place to visit.   It's getting near that time of the year where we can go and do these things.   Not today...rain will stop us.   And Huckleberry.   He's so little, he got right out of the fence within minutes of being put in the back yard yesterday, so we have to keep a close eye on him.   

The rain is really coming down now...makes me want a nap.
Have a wonderful weekend, even if yours is a wet one like mine!   

** Cate over at Show My Face hosts Six Word Saturday,
where we are challenged to use only six words to describe our lives...or something!

(for more Six Word descriptions, visit Cate @ Show My Face!)

9 comments:

  1. I think our weekend is going to get rainy too. Oh well, at least it hasn't turned HOT yet!

    Have a good rainy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bright and sunny here (but last weekend it rained)

    I like that you and Ole Boy go and take drives and check out areas around you; we enjoy doing things like that too!

    that is nice of you to dog sit!! I know it does change routines a bit so you are a "sport" to do so!

    enjoy the weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take advantage of it.. Rain makes me wanna sleep all day. And coming from a person who has insomnia, its a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how i need to visit some of those places this spring and summer...maybe even fall. as hubby and i are both unemployed, these will be great day trips!! with cameras in tow of course. :) very good on the 6 words describing your life today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound slike you have a house full of pets to spend the rainy day with. hopped on over fromf six word saturday hop blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to go to Ethridge often.
    Soft sweet potato cookies were our favorite. Wonder if they still sell them? Know how to get to the house but forget the family's name.
    Always interesting. Once, our kids jumped out of the car before we could warn them.....they chased a man's chickens. OH NO. Oh, yes. We rounded them up and back in the car quick as a wink, apologized to the farmer, bought peanuts we didn't need and left. Since my grandmother died while they were babies they had no exposure to chickens and I never thought about them running after them.
    I was SO embarassed. We never stopped at that location again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely rainy Sunday here as well. I'm using it to visit my six-worders and take care of some technical stuff on another blog while my husband does classwork and the kitties snooze. Not a bad way to spend the day!

    Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a rain-lover, so...

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive