Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sisters, Wood and Reverse Tornadoes

Sunday afternoon found Ole Boy and I sharing a meal with my sister, Cindy, and my brother-in-law, Clyde, at Ryan’s (not a detail for the diet blog) for a little buffet-type bite to eat.   It was so nice to spend time with them.   We had stimulating conversation about such things as “if the meal between breakfast and lunch is brunch, what is the meal between lunch and supper?”  

I’m not the best housekeeper in the world.  Thankfully, Ole Boy is very good to help keep the house picked up.  When Cindy, who lives in Athens, called to tell me they had decided to bring us a big load of firewood (which, by the way, is my source of heat…and the source of my $140.00 winter utility bills), we spun into a whirlwind of activity to make the place look presentable.    Keep in mind that I was sick most of last week and the house looked about the same was in need of some straightening up.

In the midst of our reverse tornado through the house, the bathroom vanity door fell off.   Completely.    Just dropped to the floor.    Other than that, we got the house in order.  (Except for the hoarding room.   Ever see the “Hoarders” show on A&E?   Yeah, well, we do NOT have them beat, but the room is full of stuff begging to be sold in a yard sale.)

After the mad-dash cleaning, Cindy and Clyde didn’t even come in!    We did have a very nice lupper, though. 

5 comments:

  1. and i wasn't even invited as i sat at home all alone since hubby is gone.... :( i feel so neglected and left out. roflol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny about the vanity door. That could happen here, easy. :)

    Regarding meal names. It would be "supper". And what you're calling supper would be dinner. :D Breakfast, lunch, dinner. A light meal between lunch and dinner is supper.

    Ain't I just the most helpful thing?

    lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew supper was a light meal between lunch and dinner. Anyway, I don't think the meal we ate would qualify. I am certain that lupper is more appropriate for what we did hahaha
    It was a fun afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL with lupper! glad you got to spend some time with your sister/BIL! that was nice of them to bring you wood!! Nothing like a wood fire to snuggle up with on a cold night!!

    I'd love to go through your hoarder room and help get things ready for a garage sale; it would be a blast!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ryan's. I miss them but dont miss the calories and fat.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive