Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's a "Two-Fer" Day

Two entries in one, that is!

Today is Saturday, and Cate over at Show My Face (which she never does) hosts Six Word Saturday, where we are challenged to use only six words to describe our lives...or something!    Here's my braggadocio for the day:


Yeah...I'm aware that "2010" is technically not a word;  
but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
(for more Six Word descriptions, visit Cate @ Show My Face!)

~~~~~~~

Also, The Round Robin Photo Challenge for this week is "Before and After."   I chose shots from the University of North Alabama.   

The first shot is before the snow...




 And after the snow.....


Alabama doesn't get much snow.   Earlier this year, in February, on my way to work, it began to snow...big, beautiful, wonderful flakes!  I didn't have my camera!   It kept snowing and the whole campus was becoming blanketed in snow, but I was camera-less!   Finally, after much whining on my part, a sweet co-worker loaned me her camera, and I took pictures until I ran her battery down.  (She said I could, though.)


For some stunning Before and After shots, visit Carly and Karen at

15 comments:

  1. Wow! The after shot looks like black and white at first, but then you see the brown on the low wall around the lion. Amazing the difference a season makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shots of una...especially the fall. 10 more days of work this year, huh?? then you start all over again?? lol yay for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that Alabama had a snow. Thankfully here in MI we don't have that much, for now -sigh- ^_^ Happy weekend and thanks for sharing your photos.
    Before and After

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the snow pictures; it is neat when it comes like that, not very often; makes it enjoyable!! WTG you only have 10 more working days this year!! I bet you are looking forward to your break!

    enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get much snow over here in La. either, so I totally understand the excitement. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!!!!!! Happy Six Word Saturday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY!! I just checked and I only have 10 working days left in 2010 too!! RIGHT ON!! lol

    Those pictures are beautiful...before and after!

    Happy SWS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great six words! :D And loved the pics. It looks like magic happened, doesn't it? I love that.

    Thanks for your kind words and support on my blog lately. I'm doing much better. :} That's a relative statement, you understand. chuckle.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snow photos are beautiful, they almost looked black and white. =) I also liked the before with the fall colors. Beautiful intrepretation of before and after.

    Monica
    http://monica-frameofmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of snow and it's giving me the shiver in our hot climate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful your scene looks covered in snow! I'm so glad your coworker let you use the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that before and after! Quite a difference :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful, dramatic shots! I'm very glad you got hold of a camera that day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for only 10 more working days! And those before and after shots are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG...LOOK at that snow. I can't believe you have it in Alabama but up here on Long Island...nothing! I'm jealous!

    Beautiful photos!

    Kat
    http://inmydreamssfk.blogspot.com/2010/12/round-robin-challenge-before-and-after.html

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive