Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm Glad I know Him....

After a Taco Bell run today, I got back to work only to realize that they had put onions on my burrito, when I had specifically stated “no onions” and it made me a little mad.     As I was pulling into my parking space, it occurred to me that I was as ungrateful as a person could get.   I had so many options.   I could turn around, and go get another one….they aren’t but about a buck each, and Taco Bell is only about a mile from my work parking lot.   I could do without and not feel real hunger; for certain, I wouldn't starve to death.   I could remove the offending flavor and eat it.

As I was getting myself worked up over an onion, people in Sendai and Kesennuma in Miyagi, Japan, are in the midst of suffering beyond my scope of knowing.  Right now, they don't have too many choices.  I was so ashamed of myself, and I asked for God’s forgiveness.  

For much of the day, that song “Lift Up Your Head, Redemption Draweth Nigh” has been in my mind.   I never want to be a prophet of doom, because I read The Book, and I know we win.   But it does bear thinking about when I see Biblical words come to life:

6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,and earthquakes in various places.   
(Matthew 24)

Whether you or I believe it or not, the Truth will still remain:   Jesus is coming back to claim His Bride.   There is no disclaimer.   No maybe.   No what if.    There is a God and He holds the world in the palm of His hand, and it’s far better to walk in this life holding His hand and standing on the Rock, than to walk on shoddy, sinking sand of the ideas and untruths of a lying and deceived world.



I'll leave you with the Good News of John 14: 

 1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.


4 comments:

  1. Amen!!! When we sat down to breakfast this morning and we were talking about the quake, I quoted almost that Matthew 24 scripture you mentioned; truth is Jesus will come back and redeem us and restore the earth (however, I don't know, but I know it will be great!) Makes it more important to get the message out of him to a world that desperately needs to hear about his saving grace!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really hit home; I've been guilty of complaining when Steak Out put cheese on my grilled chicken sandwich. It's not the end of the world...and how ungrateful does that make me? I'll starve if I eat only half the bun?

    We will (hopefully) never know what those in Japan are going through. I hope everyone who prays will add these victims to their special prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maranatha! :D Deb

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive