Monday, February 1, 2010

Stuff

Good Morning!

I can't believe it's Monday morning already again.   Since my two weeks off for Christmas, I have not worked a full week...I wonder if I will this week.    The first week back, we had a snow day, the second week I took annual leave on Friday so that I could have a four day weekened because we were off on Monday for MLK/REL Day.   Last week, we got half a day on Friday because of Ice.   So, we'll see for this week...

Speaking of ice...there wasn't much of it on Friday.   The roads were mostly clear, maybe a patch of ice here or there.   I didn't see any....but there was a lady named Dawn, 37, driving with her 9 year old daughter, Maggie, and a friend named Diana, 41, and Diana's 13 month old grandaughter, Jayden, who apparently hit a patch of ice and slid into the path of an oncoming tractor trailer.   Maggie and Diana were pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital, Baby Jayden died Saturday.   Dawn is still in critical condition.

Surviving Diana is her 17 year old daughter, Shandi, who is Jayden's mother.

I was going to write about other things....I really don't have the heart to now.

5 comments:

  1. I'll keep the 17 year old in my prayers. Is it just me or are these stories becoming more and more frequent? My best friend's girlfriend was killed this past Saturday. She was walking home from work when a drunk driver hit her with his car. Idiot driver then attempted to flee the scene. She died later that night at the hospital. The drunk driver was found passed out in a lawn nearby and tossed in jail.

    Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, maybe my social circle is expanding, whatever it is I'm so tired of hearing so many bad stories and less and less good ones.

    I have no idea how to handle these sorts of things or what to say, and it's nearly impossible to silently be there for someone when you know they're hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad :( she is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad. its hard to trust God in circumstances like this and to wonder why. it helps us to appreciate life more and be grateful for what we have and hug our kids a little more even though they sometimes drive us crazy. hoping Shandi has a great support system to grieve with her.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those families! They are all hurting and questioning WHY... Faith is trusting God when we do not understand. He knew it was going to happen and Friday they got their heavenly promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have said a prayer for these people, and asked that God bring them comfort in this time of hardship and sorrow.

    I, too, have noticed that bad things seem to be happening to so many people around me lately... Horrendous things... and I have had to be constantly praying for the hurting people and trying to be sure that I cast those cares upon HIM for He cares for me AND for them. It is hard not to get caught up in so many other's sorrows when I care about them. I just have to keep trusting that God knows what He is doing and that He can work things out and bring glory out of the chaos. Thank YOU, GOD for this promise!

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive