Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's my birthday, y'all!

I've had a wonderful birthday weekend!   Ole Boy and I got up early yesterday and rode up to Nashville and spent the night.    Did I mention it's my birthday today?   I'm getting old...lol    Just a few pics from the Opryland Hotel that I wanted to share.   No, we didn't stay there, it was booked (and we couldn't afford it, anyway!)  But we did spend nearly two hours walking around.   We took a boatride...yes!  inside the hotel.  If you've never been there and are in Nashville, you should stop in and see it.  It's huge!
These pictures don't do it justice.





You wouldn't believe how many plants, trees, and flowers are inside the hotel,
and everyone of them are real!  






I understand these live up to 45 days after being cut!
Without the border, this pic looks 3D, doesn't it?


Yes, there were waterfalls inside the hotel!
Just beautiful!


And we got to take a boatride....I am not on this one....I'm standing on
one of the many overpasses taking this pic!  Sorry it's so dark.

I have other pictures of other things we did,
but I have to get ready to go back
to work tomorrow, so I must quit playing online!

But...I just had a wonderful time.  
Perfect.  
The weather was beautiful, the food was great...
the company was...lovely.   I love that man!

Later, Sweet Taters!




6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! great pictures!!! looks like a great place to spend your birthday!!!

    wishing you a great year ahead :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Margaret!
    Happy birthday tooooo youuuuu!!
    And many morrrrrrre!

    What a lovely way to spend a weekend! That place is H-U-G-E!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been much for commenting lately, but I do read you, Meg, & think about you, too. A very happy birthday to you. I hope your whole life is going as well as that weekend. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning hotel! I loved the photo tour, thank you for sharing. I'm glad you had a lovely Birthday.

    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog, I really appreciate that.

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I went there years ago for a convention but we also stayed at another location. I was sick that week and only wanted to sleep. I found couches hiding in all sorts of nook and crannies to take a nap. I also watched the filming of one of the tire commercials there. It was neat.
    Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday to you, and it sounds like you had a wonderful one! That looks like a really neat place to visit... so sad that it is so very far away! It is so sweet of you to share your wonderful pictures with us! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive