Thursday, December 31, 2009

Weight Loss Saga: The Victory Chapter


This New Year’s Eve, I pledge to give the first 21 days of 2010 to God.   I will abstain from sugar (a major weakness…I have others).   I will abstain from mindless computer games and internet surfing, and will not replace it with mindless television.   I will reread “Battlefield of the Mind” by Joyce Meyer.  Above all, I will spend more time getting to know Jesus by studying the Bible. 

What could have been another chapter of a weight loss saga will now be my Chapter of Victory.   I have faith in Christ for my freedom from the bonds of compulsive eating.   Since faith without works is dead, today, with God’s help, I will make better choices.   I will not binge.  I will spend more time getting to know Him.  


It's the last day of 2009,
but it's the first day of the rest of our lives!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    I am too working on the weight loss thing as well good luck with it!

    Stop by soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And... you are not alone in your victory journey! Abundant blessings to you and your family today as we close out 2009~
    Janeen

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Meg))) and Meg!!! Yes I really think you are on to something here about giving up mindless computer games and internet surfing; eerily (but not really, answer to prayer for sure) I was thinking along these very same lines; I spend way too much time on line and less time with Jesus than I should. I will join you on your pledge of 21 days, but mine will start Monday 1/4 because I know with what is going on this weekend here will cause enough stress

    the victory will belong to the Lord :)

    I'll pray for you daily too during these 21 days

    hugs to you!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I thought of a great scripture for you. "Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him." Good Luck! I know you can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. to overcome the past

    I don't believe that MOVING FORWARD is answer totally because I think the past can be a great indicator of the future. If I was a total jerk in the past, do I want to put myself in those same situations in the future? I probably will if I just FORGET the past. I'm the same person, with the same inclinations.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive