Wednesday, December 23, 2009

He thinks about me!


I was blog-hopping one night, and I came across Crystal's blog, "Be The Change You Want to See" (LOVE that title!). I landed on an entry named Beauty and Gratitude, and thought her list was just so poetic!  I emailed her and asked if she minded if I wrote a poem using some of her lines.  She didn't, so I did, and here it is:

How He Loves Me Still


Oh, how He loves me, He knows my every prayer,
Lavishing gifts of beauty that surround me everywhere.
Clouds tinted pink from a glowing sunrise,
The sheer intensity of the purple evening skies.
Like a billowing breeze blowing countless falling leaves,
Countless are His thoughts that He thinks about me!
Gently invading daybreak with a regally creeping sun
‘Til a burst of fire lights my day, crowning the horizon.
Trees with leafless branches reaching toward the sky,
Remind me to praise Him with my own hands held high.
Sometimes I stumble and fall from His will,
Ah, though He knows me, He loves me still.


4 comments:

  1. amen! what a beautiful poem Meg! of course he does think about us all the time

    quick story; I love hawks; don't know if you read about my hawk story in my private journal. But yesterday I'm driving home from walking Koda and I'm praying and saying "Lord you are sooooo good to me, I don't know why when I'm such a sinner" and less than a minute later I'm stopped at a stop light and I look up and there is a hawk flying right past me, majestically flapping its wings. I'm like "love you Lord, thank you"

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how much I wish I could believe in a Creator God, Meg. I'd love to think of my parents in heaven; they deserved that. It is not something you can just MAKE yourself believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautifully written! Thank you for taking my simple thoughts, Margaret, and refining them. You are very gifted in poetry writting :)

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive