Thursday, November 4, 2010

Peppy's Bad News


About three weeks ago, a lump suddenly appeared on Peppy's neck.  Since that time, he hasn't felt well at all.  He whimpers a lot, won't walk on his forepaw on the same side as the lump.   Some days, he's even too weak to jump on the couch...it's been pretty rough on the little fella.

The vet drew a little fluid from it, did an X-ray, and some blood work, and said it definitely needed to be removed.  

Today, Peppy underwent surgery to remove it, only it's so deeply embedded, even into his spine, that the vet couldn't do anything but close him back up.   He said that at this point he feels confident it's malignant.   He sent the biopsy off for more in depth pathology.  

I'm very sad...

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. Pets can be a very special part of a family. I don't have any at the time, but have had some in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry. That's hard. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry about Peppy! I know how much you and Ole Boy love him! XOXOXO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you. Seeing your pets in pain is so hurtful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry Meg!! Peppy is a great dog! So sorry to see him in pain and uncomfortable. I remember when you blogged (or mentioned) that he had diabetes. He's been through so much, the little guy.

    again so sorry!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could thing of something comforting to type here. I really wish I could. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so sorry for you and for Peppy. They are sooo much a part of our family. I'm glad he will be surrounded by love during his last times. He may not understand what is going on, but he WILL feel the love.

    (((hugs)))
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI there! I'm catching up on my blog visits! I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis on Peppy! We lurve our animals like our family too.
    Blessings,
    Janeen

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive