Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Sacrifice of the The Cross

The Greater Love
The Sacrifice of the Cross

I knelt at the altar in an unworthy state
My misery fell in tears, an opened floodgate
So undeserving to even bow at His throne
I had made a decision, but I didn't do it alone.

Difficult it was to kneel before the King
For I knew I was sullied, defiled, and unclean.
My life was tumultuous, my choices unwise
But kneeling at the altar, God heard my cries.

Oh, so unworthy to call on His Name
But there at the altar, love overcame!
Blood shed by Him paid the price long ago,
Although undeserving, I was made whiter than snow.

The enemy lost, many years he has striven,
For Mercy was abundant, my every sin is forgiven
I have been washed by the blood of the Lamb
Saved by Jehovah God, the Great I AM.

I had made a decision, but I didn’t make it alone,
My Father called; He is now my Cornerstone
And because I knelt, because I called on His Name,
The greater love, the Cross, was not in vain.



Greater love hath no man than this,
That a man lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13

~Margaret

2 comments:

  1. amen!! so beautifully written Meg :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for His love for us and for His blessing on your life that gives you such a beautiful talent! Thanks, again, for sharing that talent with us.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive