Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A to Z Color!!

 A to Z Challenge Continues!
~C~
C is for color!  I like flowers, I suppose that's obvious; so naturally, I chose some colorful flowers to share.  After the photos, I have posted another poem I wrote that I hope you enjoy!
 
Color!
Photobucket

Nashville, TN, Opryland Hotel
 
Photobucket
Lawrenceburg, TN Courthouse Square
 
Photobucket
Pigeon Forge, TN, Old Mill Square

Photobucket
Crawling

Photobucket

Clouds  
The Shoals, Alabama, Natchez Trace Parkway

Photobucket

Cardinal
My Back Yard
 
 
God made colors and then applied them
Crimson and gold, orange and maroon
Cascading leaves create empty limbs
Unlike the greens of June

Red berries peek from holly bush thrones
As winter blankets creation in white
Snowy evergreens drop their cones
For a nestling squirrel’s delight

Spring buds bloom in brilliant array
Of reds and pink, yellows and blue
Lining lawns in a dazzling display
Glistening with the morning dew

Vines and bushes full of leaves
In shades of summer’s green   
Soft hues cover lawns and trees
Flecked with flowers in between



5 comments:

  1. I don't think we have cardinals this part of the country, I've never seen them in person, so beautiful! I love the first flower picture; all are great! I like the first line of your poem, God made colors and then applied them. Great imagery!

    doing great with this challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pix and poem! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photography and writing ...enjoyed my visit this morning

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive