Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's On My Mind...

Politically Speaking ….
I find it funny how the day after Rep. Scott Brown wins the Massachusetts senate seat, a silly story such as this comes out about Sarah Palin.   I think “they” are skeered. 


Read it here!


Scott Brown’s election gives me hope that America finally is opening her eyes and ears…and waking up…and will take a more positive approach at the polls during the next two elections. 


World Events
Folks in my office were talking about Haiti and the earthquake and aftershocks there.   Pat Robertson’s comments were brought up:


On his Christian Broadcasting Network show yesterday, Rev. Pat Robertson said that the nation of Haiti has been devastated by a large earthquake because its people "made a pact with the devil."
"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," Robertson said. "They were under the heel of the French ... and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'"
"True story," he continued. "And the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal.' Ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after another."

My coworkers agreed that God is not vengeful and that no one could bring a national disaster upon themselves, no matter what they did or said.

I have mixed feelings.   I think a nation can become so evil that God can remove His hand; therefore, in a way, you do “bring it upon yourself.”   God is a jealous God.   We may not like to think about it, folks may not like to talk about it or hear it, but He is, and he’s been known to take out entire tribes.  I am in no way saying that we shouldn’t help these folks.   We should both pray, and give, if we are able.


Personal Opinion:
Not happy at all about with this season of The Biggest Loser.   It just doesn’t sit well with me the way the trainers are trying to get into the heads of the contestants.   Addressing issues that people are willing to talk about is fine, but don't badger people until they are ready to hit you.   (I believe that they made the married couple, Lance and Melissa, quite angry last night.)    It used to be a nice show…now, it seems more commercial, scripted, less for the people than for the ratings.   Not sure how many more episodes I’ll watch.   We’ll see.   



Personally:
12 pounds lost.   It hasn’t been too hard.   Today, I found myself wanting something sweet.   I do have some sugar free life savers, I like those a lot, but I ate grapes.   But my 21 no sugar days turned out to be only 17, as Sunday night, I had some fat free, but not sugar free pudding (which wasn’t that good) and a half of a peanut butter Little Debbie snack.    I hate that I did it….but I did, so, perhaps I will add a day at the end of my 21 days…actually; I will probably extend it indefinitely.   I seem to be doing better without it (sugar).


Gluten….I picked a magazine that has an article stating that chicks my age most likely react negatively to gluten in the diet, so I’m going to do a little research.   


This Spanish class is killing me!   Really, I need help.  Seriously.


Back to work!


5 comments:

  1. I for one want to see proof on this deal with the devil crap (can you tell I don't believe it?) I have tons of friends who would probably give me 8 million biblical references here though so that's all I'm going to say on that

    I don't watch TV so I cant comment on the biggest loser thing either

    BUT I am also trying to lose weight (though I can't cut out sugars, lol I'm not that brave sorry) but 17 days without them is AMAZING!! (even if you didn't reach your goal at least now you know you can.

    Also have you thought about Youtubing help for Spanish class? I do it for math, whenever I get stuck I google or youtube the formula so that I can see it done again.

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola :)

    good for you with the 12 pounds gone

    sorry the Spanish class is giving you woes; a tutor perhaps?

    I do believe the tide is changing here in America; we will be more informed and vote more responsibly in subsequent elections I do believe

    I disagree with Pat Robertson's statement. I know God can remove his hand and I know he can wipe out entire tribes, etc but for whatever reason he allowed this, perhaps he allowed it to advance his church and his kingdom. The first on the scene to help were Christian organizations. I hear stories about the Haitan people praying and worshiping even after this event. I heard the woman who got pulled out yesterday saying she was asking Jesus to help her. I don'tknow why he allowed it but I don't think he did it because of some pact with the devil.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recluse... I would be more than happy to share the Breaking Free bible study with you. It is available online but each session is $4.99 to download and that money adds up after 11 sessions. But you and I could do it together via email method just talking out the discussions questions. Pray about it and let me know. No rush and no pressure to respond, yet this could be the gentle nudge you are wanting since your already doing the daily devotional.

    By the way, I'm slow to catching up on my blog reading but I see here that you've lost 12 pounds! yahoo!!!! Way to girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sweet Miss Brown Recluse! I'm Alix's (Casa Hice) sister Mona from Lewisville (Dallas), Texas. I, along with our sister Lisa, LOVED your comment on Alix's religion post. Just wanted you to know. You were clear, concise, and absolutely correct. Sometimes it takes a stranger to say what a close family member might be hesitant to speak. I hope you keep visiting all of us. My blog is www.lucysmamamia.blogspot.com, although I don't have much time to blog, so my posts are few and far between. Hopefully I'll get better once I retire. Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Girlfriend!
    Just wanted to let you know I updated my post on the bible study and have included links so you can watch a free sample video of what the DVD's look like and other information. Would lurve to see you plugged into something like this with me or right in your own church community.
    Blessings!
    Janeen

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive