Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's all over now...

Monday.
Staring me in the face.  
Two weeks gone...so very quickly,
and it's back to work in the morning.
I'm not dreading it, but I'm not looking forward to it, either.   The worse part of it is that temps will be in the teens every day this week when I leave for work.   This is not typical Alabama weather.   Give me my 30's and 40's back, please.   And hurry!!

My eating issues have been easy to deal with these past five days (God gets the glory for that).   Even while eating out, I did fairly well.   The biggest accomplishment is not binging.  uhm...binge-ing.   I haven't been binging either, for that matter.   But I digress.   As I had mentioned in an ealier post, no sugar for 21 days.   That's going a lot better than expected...three days now, and I haven't watched TV at all (granted that's not a biggie for me, I don't watch that much, but take it by spells).  However, The Biggest Loser starts on Tuesday, and I do intend to watch that.    Since I am giving up mindless TV for these first 21 days as well as sugar, I don't turn it on; therefore, I don't surf.   That's pretty mindless.  

I gave thought to trying Weight Watchers again.   Thought about going, then thought about doing it on my own.   Ran a few other diets through my head, but I have failed so many times on these things that I decided to just pay more attention to my body (eat when I'm hungry and don't stuff) and trying not to get too hungry so that it is easier not to stuff.   The thing I have noticed is that each day that's gone by, it's a little easier to make a better choice here and there, or not eat so much at a time.  I'm going back to the doctor on the 28th of this month and will weigh then.    We'll see how it goes.  

I'm not depriving myself of stuff I like, nor am I forcing down stuff I don't like.   I did eat a very tart orange...and it made my teeth sensitive for three days!   Won't be eating one of those again!!!!! 

For some reason, The Biggest Loser inspires me.   Glad it's coming on again so soon. 

Exercise?   Oh, sorry that you asked!   I'm not doing a thing.   I don't call it a dreadmill for nothing, you know.   Tomorrow, I will climb extra stairs in my building at work, and that's about all I'm gonna promise at this point. 

I went to a chinese buffet today after church.   I did have some fried stuff....but I peeled some of the breading off the shrimp (ended up with TINY shrimp, I want you to know), didn't eat all of my rice, and only made one trip.   Of course, I ate no sweets.  Then for dinner, I fixed some chicken in the crockpot, so I had chicken and rice.

The best thing of all today?   I was an hour into my church service when I realized I hadn't had breakfast.     *This* from someone who has spent many years making sure I not only didn't miss a meal, but trying to devise ways of having more than my fair share of meals.

I was pleased.  

5 comments:

  1. You had chines after church, that is what I wanted and no one else did. Maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you for starting out the year in such a fantastic way! I'll be praying that you are able to continue and reach the daily goals you have set for yourself.

    I finally remembered to post your poem today. Sorry about the delay! Christmas got in the way :))

    Have a great day back at work tomorrow. It's amazing how once again the holidays have passed so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome no sugar for 3 days (I'm right with you; I thought I would just go ahead and start on Friday and I did and it really is soooo easy not to have it even with cookies baked and Fat Boys in the freezer)

    Thank you Lord that you are doing better, Meg, with making wiser food choices!

    vacations always go by soooooo fast!!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm back to work as well and away from the blog and wow, the entries to read are piling up. I saw that I missed this one. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are doing so well. That is awfully cold weather. I hope that it warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive