Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Monday Musings: The Disturbing Edition


Disturbing: dis·turb·ing  [dih-stur-bing] adjective
upsetting or disquieting; dismaying

Dear Obama
It's very disturbing that you lied to America.  Repeatedly and frequently...and have not shown one ounce of remorse.  It should be disturbing to you that people are beginning to refer to your your administration as Barakistan.

Dear Duped America:
You are a group that is growing smaller every day.  But it's disturbing that you still support an administration that consistently tosses out detrimental decisions for this great nation.  Put your faith in God, not in a man who is lying to you.  

Dear Cousin:
It’s a little disturbing that you believe that God created the heavens and the earth…over a stretch of millions of years.  When Genesis 1:1 said “In the beginning God created…” that is exactly what it means, he created; it was done.   In Isaiah 51, He reminds us again that “He stretched out the Heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.”  In Isaiah 48, God, Himself, tells us “My right hand has stretched out the heavens; and when I call to them, they stand up together.”  With that power, it would not take millions of years, and millions of years would be evolution, not creation.

Dear Driver:
It’s oddly disturbing how mad you make me when you hold up a long line of traffic to make an illegal turn.  Don’t.   Just don’t.   And quit texting!   
Dear Black Grapes:
It disturbs me that you taste so good, but make my teeth so sensitive.   You almost aren’t worth it!

Dear Winter:
It is coldly disturbing that you can’t seem to keep your temperature above 40°.  And these night time temps that are below 10°?   The south not liking this!   I am putting in my request now for 60’s and sunny on my birthday weekend coming up in February. 
This is not what we are getting this year.  This was a
rare snow we got a few years ago...it was beautiful,
didn't last long, and didn't shut down the entire town.
Just the way we like it.












Dear Upcoming Birthday:
You really aren’t disturbing me.   You thought you would, didn’t you?
Dear Upcoming Birthday:
You really aren’t disturbing me.   You thought you would, didn’t you?

Dear God:
I ask for mercy for America and the disturbing mess we are in; please forgive us and put us on a Godly path, with righteous men and women candidates for our next two elections who will be placed in the positions now held by the ungodly.  And all winter jokes aside, please have mercy on those who are dealing with dangerously cold and treacherous wintry weather conditions.    


4 comments:

  1. Amen!! I believe God made the world as the Bible says, over days, not years. And I don't believe the world is million(s) years old. We can only hope and pray the next election people are a bit smarter and wiser on who they put into office. Its been a sad 5 years with 3 more to go :(

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arg! Don't remind me that it is still three more years!!

      Delete
  2. I AMEN, too!

    As for winter. Ah-hem. Our high today was 15 degrees. My back yard looks like those pictures. considering we got down to 9 below zero the other day, I'm about done with winter. The rivers are frozen. (All three of them.) And if my husband hadn't broken the camera (grrrr), I'd take a picture for you.

    Seriously, tho. While 9 below is quite unusual for us, 15 degrees really isn't all that odd this time of year. I do earnestly pray for you guys down there when I hear that the cold air sinks your way. You're just not equipped for it, and have no reason to be..

    It IS pretty, tho, isn't it? :D I love winter...just not so much of it.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is definitely beautiful! Oh, a pic would be nice of those frozen rivers!! Shame on hubby!! Was he taking poop pics? lolz

      I'm really ready for spring now.

      Delete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive