Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Musings


Dear Dennis Rodman:
Are you nuts?   Oh, wait.  That’s like asking a goldfish, “Are you wet?”  Obviously you are.  Why don’t you put that ding-dang basketball in your mouth and shhhh.

Dear Melissa Harris-Perry:
I am embarrassed for you because you don’t have the good sense to be embarrassed for yourself.

Dear WalMart:
I don’t understand why you need two Super WalMarts and one Walmart Hometown Market in a town this size.  Greed personified…or store-sonified, as it were.

Dear Sam’s Sports Grille:
You brought me food with a hair in it, and made me wait until everyone else in the party of 20 was almost finished eating before you brought me a replacement.  Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like maybe you should have given a little bit of a discount.   Your service just ain't what it used to be...and you have only been in the Shoals a short time.

Dear Old, Large Oak Trees on UNA Campus:
Don’t drop a limb…they’ll cut you completely down!

Dear America:
You are as mixed up about right and wrong as Sodom and Gomorrah was.  Remember, that didn’t turn out too well for Sodom and Gomorrah.



7 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you about Dennis Rodman and the food, certainly a discount would have been in store; very poor customer service. It is sad about the state of America, makes me wonder if we are doomed for total destruction because of our wicked ways.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt if some changes aren't made (and I do NOT mean Obama-style changes), for sure America as we know it is headed for doom.

      Delete
  2. :o! I was just reading Genesis' account of Sodom and Gomorrah this morning--and thought the same thing. Even talked to God about it.

    A verse really struck under the "nothing new under the sun" category and I don't know how I missed those couple of words it in the past. It was when the angels where in Lot's house and the Sodomites where telling Lot to bring them out. Lot told them to leave the "men" alone and not do such evil things. Their reply went something like "who are you to judge us".

    Isn't that what we're told now? We call sin what it is and all of a sudden, those who prefer sin over God's Word, start quoting scripture at us.

    Squeeaaaak. That's the sound of me putting on the brakes to a whole message I have about the true meaning of "judge" and how it is NOT simply "the stated recognition or warning of sin."

    At any rate, Sodom and Gomorrah are here in multiplied form. There's a lot more than 1- reighteous men here, too. Although, I'm expecting God to take us by the hands (sort o) and catch us away...soon.

    Glad to see you stopped by my post. That was a lot of reading for you!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I'm not finished! I still have more to read...but I can only not work so long and not get busted. lolz

      That really is the attitude, isn't it? They get so mad at us for calling sin "sin," call us "haters," and treat us pretty ugly. Like you...I feel His return is soon.

      Delete
  3. I did hear today, that the Walmart off Cox Creek will close and they will build a new one in Killen. I don't have anything to verify that though. Just hearsay. Sam's did the same thing to one of us in our party of four the last time we went there. Minus the hair, I think. The sad thing was the waitress apologized and said the manager would bring the meal with an explanation. He brought it and said here. So "here" was his explanation. And this was the manager on duty at the time. Kinda sad. I love the atmosphere and food there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the same thing about WalMart...Strategic greed, it appears. We didn't even get a manager! Their service really has bottomed out lately. Great food...but I didn't even mention that another one in my party was brought a half done burger when well done was requested...and again, no compensation.

      Delete
    2. Well I hope they get their act together. Sam's quickly became our favorite place to eat. There are too many other places to chose from.

      Delete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive