Wednesday, November 7, 2012

We Are Not Afraid


I ought never forget who I am in Christ, and I do not have to worry about my future, it’s already secured.   In fact, I am instructed to not worry about tomorrow:  “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?  (Matthew 6:25)



Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

I woke up this morning dismayed and fearful, but I have God who has promised to never leave or forsake me.  (Hebrews 13:5)
   
Never.   
That’s a long, long time.  

For all of us who love God, we know that all things work together for good because we are called according to His purpose.  (Romans 8:28)   That’s ALL things…an ungodly man in the presidential office is included.



We are not to be afraid:
The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)


God is in control:
I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.’ (Isaiah 46:9-10)

I have even called you by your name; I have named you, though you have not known Me.  I am the Lord, and there is no other; there is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me, that they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting that there is none besides Me.  I am the Lord, and there is no other; I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.’   (Isaiah 45:4-7)

Do you hear what I'm saying?
Our God is in control.

He's even in control of those who don't give Him control,
or even realize that He is, indeed, in control.

Yes, it rains on the just and the unjust, and America will reap what we sow.   But He is a great and mighty God, sitting on a throne that is balanced on justice and righteousness.   We are to do exactly what the Bible instructs, we are to pray for our leaders, and continue to walk with Him, renewing our minds daily and serving Him.

We may not always like what happens to us from the reaping, but God will not forget us...He will never leave us nor turn His back on those who serve him.

Rain down, you heavens, from above,
And let the skies pour down righteousness;
Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation,
And let righteousness spring up together.
I, the Lord, have created it.
Isaiah 45:8



Photobucket

I wanted to see the elephant win the tug of war, but that didn't happen.  Sometimes it helps just remembering that God did use a donkey for a very important purpose... (Numbers 22:28)



God bless our broken America

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Meg I needed this reminder this morning!!! God truly is in control; we will trust in him!! All great scriptures to remind us of that too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like many of us woke up with a heavy heart. When I looked out my office window this morning, there was fog shadowing our valley and I thought how it reflected my feelings right then.

    Not to sound melodramatic or lunatic fringey, but I think we are in for perilous times. IMHO, God threw the election. Romney was doing well until Hurricane Sandy--that never before meeting of three weather systems that combined to create a storm with numbers beyond any that had been recorded in weather records.

    The campaigns stopped, Obama got to act presidential as he flew into New Jersey to save the day--and get his photo op with Christie hugging him. Those two things, the hurricane and the embrace, overtook media coverage and riveted the nation. A picture hung in their minds...and Romney wasn't part of it.

    Romney never regained steam.

    So. God gave us a true October surprise that changed the momentum of the election. Now. Here's the next part.

    I think God did that because He is turning this nation over to its own devices. The clamor for ungodly ways reached the heavens and God let this nation have its way so that those who have refused to hear truth and repent, would be able to see the consequences of moral decay.

    If I had any doubt about the above train of thought, that doubt disappeared when I heard Obama's acceptance speech replayed this morning. As I listened to him proclaim the great American way...where everyone is given a fair chance to succeed. Then he listed groups of people like young/old, rich/poor, male/female etc. When he added GAY or straight to the list as tho homosexual behavior was as acceptable and as natural as being young or female, I thought, okay then, Sodom and Gemorrah are here.

    And God is now going to let us see where our choices take us.

    And that's why your post is so timely right now. This world, this country, is not our home. The president is not my redeemer. God holds us in His hands--and His Word is true.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lookie what came up in my reading for today:

      Psalm 106
      New Living Translation (NLT)

      13 Yet how quickly they forgot what he had done!
      They wouldn’t wait for his counsel!
      14 In the wilderness their desires ran wild,
      testing God’s patience in that dry wasteland.
      15 So he gave them what they asked for,
      but he sent a plague along with it.

      Delete
  3. The best comment I can come up with is that even an immoral man will conform to God's laws if it suits his purpose. Perhaps the really scary part is that they're mentioning Hillary in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless our broken America - I so agree. Love, Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A coworker posted on FB, giving thanks for Mitt & Nick loosing. Since he is in the lower education level I can only think that he has not been educated on what cuts are going to happen in the profession we work in in the healthcare act.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive