Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Musings: The No Theme Edition


Dear Reality TV:
I can’t figure out the attraction to Honey Boo Boo.   Somebody needs to taze that mother and shock some sense into her!  (For her fans, I mean that figuratively, not literally.)   I think that family only serves to give those outside the south one more reason to make fun of us.

Dear Voters:
I am weary of this presidential election.   Even though I fully believe it’s the most important election in the history of the United States, I’m ready for it to be over.   I don’t believe people understand the importance of this particular election.   Christians shouldn’t forget, ever, that it rains on the just and the unjust, and if this nation completes its journey to hell in a hand basket, no one will be exempt to what happens next.   We know that no matter what, God is in control; however, we may not like the reaping of what’s been sowed.

Dear Folks Who Disagree:
I realize that those are “fighting words” above.  There are none more blind than the ones who are fully invested in the deception.

Dear Winter
I’m already tired of being cold.

Dear Reader:
Do you ever wonder if storms such as Sandy or Katrina or Rita are God’s judgment?  Why or why not?

Dear God:
Please have mercy on every person in the path of the “Frankenstorm” Sandy.   I ask that you calm the storm, and redirect it, and above all, I ask that you spare lives.  

10 comments:

  1. Amen to your prayer. I'm with you about Honey BooBoo; just don't get it all. I don't think judgment; I like to think reminder and eye opening maybe to Him. I think the storms and natural disasters are coming closer and closer, like labor pains, but I'm not sure the end is insight any time soon; God is very slow suffering.....

    Very important election indeed.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good thing He's long suffering. Sometimes I forget that. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. most excellent post. i agree wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could sign my name to this post - I fully agree with you on each point.
    Nicely said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the storms (and such) are directly from Gods hand in judgment or if they are Gods permission to Satan to unleash a taste of hell, evil, and violent anger. Either way, AMEN,! God is STILL in control !!!

    As far as politics, I'd rather shovel fresh cow dung. After all, they're all turds, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say I feel that out of all the people in the US, it comes down to these two?!

      Delete
  5. God's judgment? No. Except for the original sin of Adam & Eve after which mankind was at nature's mercy. Why does He spare some and not others? I've never seen anyone come close to that answer, but I often think many of those who die would have been destined to die a horrible death from illness if they weren't taken earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN Sister, and I second the the cold part.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive