Monday, August 14, 2017

Monday!

Monday.
Today, I vow to not focus on weight loss or food. No counting of calories, worrying about fat grams, carbs, or protein.  
 
Today, I will seek to obey God’s commands:
  • I will feed on His faithfulness (Psalm 37:3)
  • I will taste and see that He is good and I will take refuge in Him. (Psalm 34:8)
  • I will not labor for food which perishes, but for the food with endures to everlasting life… (John 6:27)
  • …because He is the bread of life (John 6:48)
  • I will eat only as much as I need.
  • He is my shepherd (Psalm 23:1), and I will let Him feed me with knowledge and understanding. (Jeremiah 3:15)
  • I will remember that because He died for me, I am no longer a slave to sin. (Romans 6:6)
  • And I choose to NOT LET SIN RULE in my mortal body, nor will I obey its lusts…sin shall not have dominion over me. (Romans 6:12-14)
And as I do these things, I will reap what I sow, and weight loss will be one of them, but that is not first on my list. Foremost, I seek to have a closer relationship with Jesus.
Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. You know, I've been thinking along those lines for a few days now--and rehearsing some of those verses, too. I've come to the conclusion (and this is probably not the first time I've landed here), that my clothes size is not where my focus should be/ my focus should be obedience to God and living out what He died to give me: freedom from slavery and fear. Freedom. The trick is, of course, is not to be deceived about what freedom is. It is not freedom to eat as many calories as I can; it is freedom to choose food that benefits me.

    Ahh, sorry for the length of this, but it has been on my mind, so it kind of spilled out. :} I have to get you a link to a song. If I find it, I'll post it in another comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the song...especially the last half!

      Yeah, it's not the first time I've been here either. I can get it in my heart, but sometimes my head doesn't cooperate. Freedom for me would be NO URGE to eat as many calories as I (don't) want. It's mindless the way I graze at times...ah, but that's words for a different post! Happy Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. Here ya go. It took so long because I had to take the time to listen to it...all the way thru. It's kind of two songs put together, so itls long. And if you haven't heard it, tho you probably have, it's does have an odd sound--but I really like it.

    https://youtu.be/f8TkUMJtK5k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a mini Bible study a few weeks ago on spiritual warfare because I realize based on certain circumstances, I'm under attack by the enemy and he knows right where to him me (thoughts). It really helped to put into perspective the war we face between our flesh (the world) and our spiritual life we try to live in obedience to God. We are so naturally inclined to be of the world since we were born into the world of sin, etc. We need to sacrifice ourselves daily. Those scriptures of taking up our cross and dying to self really made more sense than before. The biggest point they made was knowing God's word, staying in God's word, and coming back to that when under attack. Seems like you have a good strategy of being in God's word, living it, and hopefully believing fully in it (which I know you do).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. should be harm me; figures there would be typos when I forgot to proofread

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive