Sunday, August 6, 2017

An Uninformative Update...

I haven’t blogged this summer.   Have you missed me?   I know you have!   I have no reasons and no excuses, just no energy.   Could be the heat, could be the carbs…but I won’t tell you about that in this post.

I went to a family reunion in Texas in July…it was absolutely wonderful seeing everyone.   It’s been a whole month, and I have still not sent a thank you note to my host-cousins.   That’s just how I roll…I’ll get to it this week…I hope.  

Last weekend, I went to Gatlinburg, TN, and Maggie Valley, NC.  It was really nice, and for the last weekend in July, the weather was pleasant.   The devastation from the fire in Gatlinburg wasn’t as bad as I had envisioned, but that does not mean it wasn’t bad.    Homes and businesses destroyed and lives lost...it’s heartbreaking.  But if you are thinking of not going to East Tennessee because of the fire, they are up and running, and would love to have you visit. 


Once upon a time, I envisioned myself as “amusing,” hence the blog domain of “AmusingMargaret.”  Over the years (I have been blogging over 15 years) I have realized that between politics and crazy antics by crazed people that I feel compelled to address, I find not so funny anymore.   So I bought another domain:  MargaretsMusings.com.   I’ve mentioned it before, but I am seriously wondering what to do with it.   I mean…all the world needs is one more blog, right?  And…uhm…I don’t have just ONE more blog, I have several.   

While in Texas, my phone went haywire.   After lots of tweaking the settings, several resets and much frustration, I bought a new phone.   My grandson got the old phone (which wasn’t that old), put his SIM card in it, and it works perfectly.  Go figure.   My new phone’s camera is pretty good…here’s a small sample of what it can do…

Apple Valley Stores and Cafe, Townsend, TN

Streets of Gatlinburg
Streets of Gatlinburg

Streets of Gatlinburg
 

5 comments:

  1. Why don't you just change the name of THIS blog to the new name?? Most domain name hosts do that domain forwarding thing. Change it here from amusingmargaret to margaretsmusings. My domain from GoDaddy is ArtByRetta.com, and it directs folks to my blogspot blog. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of it as a blog facelift, and you also don't have to start from scratch, have your followers try to find you - again - and you'll have all your archives. (and you might even get all excited and stomp on that spider!! mwa ha ha ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Poor spider! (Even the word "spider" invokes shudders) I will have to check into this. I wonder about the folks who have subscribed to my blog. It's a very good idea, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Wow. That camera takes wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive