Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Actions and Choices...ugh!

One of my favorite iris shots for a couple of years ago.


Even if we justify our actions or blame someone else, we are still responsible for the choices we make.

Saying, "I can't help it." or "I can't control myself!" will not wash as a good enough excuse when we are face-to-face with the One who suffered and died for our freedom.

Wishing I wasn't "this way" is not an excuse.

Tell yourself "no." and make your flesh obey.  And if you're like me, tell yourself to shut up even now and again....

...because I have really been wanting to write Ashley Judd an open letter.  But that argument with myself is for another day.

Tulip petals

2 comments:

  1. Yep. It's the "will to" that needs to be activated, nnot just the "want to" or "wish to." James comes to mind...a double-minded man ought not to expect success. (Clearly, my paraphrase.) Ohhh, the tug of lust vs the tug of a heart towards God. Good news is that in Christ, we have the victory...already. Just like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow much news these days so I'm not sure what's going on with Ashley Judd. Write the letter in your head or down on paper and then shred it up and say a prayer (or two) for her.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive