Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday Musings

somewhere in the great smoky mountains
My musings have been jumbled this morning, my thoughts bouncing from Paris, to Bernie Sanders, from Keely Mullen to people who profess Christianity but disagree with what the Bible states as sin. None of these topics are related other than they are current events...and they are just too heavy a discussion for such a fine Monday.   (Please continue to pray for Paris...I know I will be.)

If I were to choose one of the above subjects to talk about, it would be Keely Mullen. Just in case you missed it…she thinks she is entitled to free education, no education debt, and a $15 minimum wage for students who work on campus. I’d like to point out that many regular employees do not make that much!


The reason I won’t discuss Ms. Keely any further is because I cannot do so without “snarcasm” (snarky sarcasm), nor could I manage a kind attitude. My mom often told me, “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” I have not arrived there just yet, Mom.

Bernie Sanders is another one I can’t discuss without a measure of snarcasm because every time he opens his mouth, I wonder if anyone sane voted the man in office.

Instead…I’ll share this funny video of bad lip reading from the previous democratic debate…


There is also one for the Republican debate. You’ll have to forgive me, I find these “Bad Lip Reading” videos pretty comical for the most part...the one below is a little more juvenile in humor, but mostly funny.


I hope your Monday is a peaceful one.

4 comments:

  1. If it weren't so drop dead serious, the following would be the funniest Q&A I've ever heard: (As close to a verbatim as I can get)

    Q: Senator Sanders, you once said that global warming was the greatest danger to our country's security. In light of the recent terrorist attack on Paris, do you still believe that?

    A: Yes, absolutely. Global warming is the cause of most unrest and terrorist activity... (Or something like that. My gasps kind of distracted me from he specific words.)

    Apparently, global warming has been occurring fore centuries...and focused it's death rays on the Middle East.

    I'm going to stop typing now, because I feel a pages long rant forming. :{

    Hugs.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I didn't include my thoughts on Bernie this morning. (Or Keely or Hillary, for that matter.) It's just too ludicrous; and I shudder to think of the mental stability of those who would vote for him...and Keely identified herself as a fan of his. 'Nuff said.

      Delete
  2. Hubby was telling me about that interview with Keely. I said "heaven help us if that is the mind set of the people who might be taking care of us as we age." Indeed, continued prayers for Paris and really basically the whole world because I have a feeling events like Paris might become a norm in the future.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive