Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday Thunderings

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the very ones (Obama/Reid/Democratic Congress) who refuse to compromise on Obamacare will not be forced to use it?  As of this morning, they still will not negotiate.  Whether you are for it or against it, you surely know there are a lot of issues with the Affordable Care (ACA, aka Obamacare) which need discussion.  Very disconcerting, indeed.  Troublesome times.  I am praying today for our leaders…even the ones I find myself disliking more each day.  I ask that you pray, too.

I don’t know how the ACA is going to affect our doctor situation.  I fully expect the selection of good doctors to become smaller and smaller if Obama has his way.  Strong delusion boggles the mind. 

You may not believe it, but there are things I don’t say because I don’t want to offend people I like who believe so very differently from me.   There are things I am not saying today.
Then, there are things I probably shouldn’t say, but say anyway.   Like…

Dear Receptionist:
Girl, I really wanted to tell you because you’re my age, and I think you’d be embarrassed to know that your bright flowered panties were showing through your light tan pants.   Yep.  Every print and line.   And you wore it all day long, because I didn’t see you until after 2 p.m.

I’m getting old and feel like I’m falling apart.  That, or my new doctor (whom I really like) is actually paying attention to what I’m saying, and is sending me for further testing.  I like my new doctor, and I’m trying not to remember that every time I find a doctor I like, they leave town.  I’m thinking that’s not because they had me for a patient, but because it’s a small town with lots of doctors.

And I am growing straw in place of hair.   I used to have a nice, thick, head full of pretty hair.  I took it for granted…it was just always there.   Now I have straw, I tell you!  I sure wish I had my hair back. 

And gray roots?  It has a lot of nerve needing to be colored, which is a major factor in the straw condition of my hair!

Let’s not even mention fine lines…nothing “fine” about that.  Some of my lines are graduating into grooves.  Deep.  Grooves.  Not groovy.
 Happy Friday Eve, Y’all.

2 comments:

  1. had to laugh about the graduating bit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find it very disturbing about the whole Obamacare; I fear it will be the downfall of healthcare as we know it in the United States. I shudder to think what will happen to our insurance premiums when they get renewed in January. I did pray for our country this morning.

    Oh the joys of aging, but always good to have a doctor that listens and searches out symptoms to optimize one's best heallth.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive