Sunday, October 27, 2013

Peace in Troublesome Times


World events…and the present unrest in America…can be scary, and it’s easy to forget that we do not have to live in a pit of depression or hopelessness.   Jesus cares for each of us individually, and we don’t have to fear in these troublesome days.
...I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me.   You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God.    Ps 40:17

I really like the 40th Psalm.    I like to be reminded that He thinks about me.   Me!   Me?   Yeah, me.   You, too!
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. (vs 2)

Ah, yes!    I just love knowing He is my deliverer and He takes my hand and lifts me from the horrible pit, and not only puts me on solid ground away from sinking sand, but he also sets up my path in a firm and permanent fashion.

Trust...we simply must learn to trust Him.





Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man (or blessed am I) who trusts in Him! Ps 34:8

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man (or myself).   
(Ps 118:8)

 

Just one more:
PS 143:8  Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You.


Keep your eyes on Jesus, He is your peace.




2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Meg, along with great scriptures along with a great message to trust Jesus!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow missed this post! Love the photos (and the Scripture, too, of course). Makes me miss our cancelled September trip even more, but still nice to see.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive