Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Creation in just 7 Days? Really?

I recently commented in the blog Women Living Well…when Courtney wrote a post entitled “Being a Creationist in an Opposite World.”  

I try to not argue the Bible…I remember my dear old Grandpa saying “Let the Bible interpret the Bible,” but I do like to throw my two cents worth in every now and then.   There are people (some I know personally) who think they can believe the Bible, and believe in evolution (of sorts…meaning that the believe God didn’t really create the heavens and earth, and all that is, in just one week…like the Bible says.  For some reason, they think it’s perfectly OK to believe what evolutionists say about this rather than the Word of God.)

My comment in full: 

If one maintains faith in God, then they know the Bible is His word. Not only did He say “In the beginning, God created….” in the very first chapter of the Bible, but also He tells us that He created the heavens and stretched them out, He spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, He gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it. (Isaiah 42:5)

And in Isaiah 45:12: “I have made the earth, And created man on it. I—My hands—stretched out the heavens, And all their host I have commanded.

And again in Isaiah 48:13: Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together.”

One more: Isaiah 51:13 – “…And you forget the Lord your Maker, Who stretched out the heavens And laid the foundations of the earth…”

The Bible cannot be watered down to suit the things people don’t fully understand. Faith is just that: Faith. I think once you choose to believe the word of God is Truth, you can seek your answers on creation knowing where to start (with God) you’ll see your mistakes are not in creation, but in the deception that is so rampant in evolution and an earth that is billions of years old.

Of course, if you don’t believe the Bible is the word of God is and is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, then the Bible has lost its authority in your life and heart, and therein lies the issue. Sadly, even in the hearts of some who consider themselves Christians, the Bible has lost its authority.


4 comments:

  1. Whew. You scared me there for a minute, Margaret!

    If I were an archaic languages scholar, I'd look up the original word for "day" in Genesis and see if it meant a literal 24 hour day or a period of time that is less fixed. Like we say, "in this DAY and age, things are..." We do not mean a literal 24 hour day, but a period of time.

    While I know how to do research well enough to dig that info out, I've never cared enought to bother. It doesn't matter to me because, like you, I believe the Word of God is true. That means men did not evolve from apes, whether God created the heavens in 24 hours or in a period of time, He created it. And then He formed man from the dust...and woman from man. That's how God said He did it, so He did.

    I do believe in evolution within a species, of course. For instance, human beings are much taller now than they were even 200 years ago. Better nutrition, etc. And then there is the survival of the fittest, breeding out kind of evolution in which animals who are better suited to their environments live to breed and those who are not, don't.

    Like black bears. Did you know that there are several shades of black bears--all the way to cream? The lighter bears last better in snowy habitats, darker ones in dark forests. A natural selection process that you could call evolution if you wanted. But bears don't turn into dogs!

    Anyway, in heaven we'll get the details but if the Bible says it, it's gold to me. God is able to do it any way he wants.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say hello and found this wonderful post. Amen sister.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive