Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday, Monday



Hi5, Xanga, Tagged, Blogger Comments @ 123glitter.com
So, another Monday, another diet. Last week’s diet last until Wednesday night. No excuses, I wanted to eat, so I did. Didn’t even fight it. I won’t think about that now. Today, I’ll only think about today.

I named my compulsive eating compulsion. Weird, huh? CeCe… for compulsive eating compulsion epic. So this morning when I left the house and had an urge to stop at Jacks and get a biscuit, fried 'taters and large sweet tea, I said, “CeCe, why exactly do you want to start your day this way?” She didn’t answer. It did, however, make me stop and go over my reasons for wanting to start my day with more fat and calories than I need for the whole day. I didn’t stop. I also didn’t eat candy from the secretary’s desk. You may think I’m crazy, but hey! CeCe didn’t make me start out defeated!


I got some Bazooka bubble gum from the secretary, though. It’s been a long, long time since I had any, and I need bifocals to read the little cartoon! Does getting old have any advantages?


Speaking of today, I don’t have any pictures because I forgot to upload any.
 

John 3:16
For God so loved even me

That Jesus hung upon a tree
Submitting Himself to cruelty
Ensuring my place in the Heavenly
To live with Him eternally

2 comments:

  1. How is Cece doing so far? I think it was wise to name her; makes you take a bit of control over her too if you talk with her and get her to see you won't give in to her

    can't tell you how long ago it was that I had Bazooka gum; loved it as a kid

    I read John 3:16 today as part of my morning devotions; that is such an awesome whole chapter (John chapter 3). I like the gospel of John the best of all the gospels and John Chapter 17! Wow!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poem is right on target and really cute! I loved the way you took that scripture and used the ideas from it to make a poem.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive