Thursday, January 5, 2017

The New Year - Five Days In

2017 - Effort...Fight For It!
Below are my “Words of the Year” for the last four years: Action, Expectancy & Grace, More, and Believe.   They are wonderful words that came with much hope…but normally little effort.   So, this year’s Word for the year is Effort.

Do I want my desires fulfilled enough to put forth the effort to see that I get what I want?

I want a closer relationship with God.  Am I willing to put forth the effort to read the Bible through this year?   I don’t mean a race to the end, I mean studying until I have learned something?  Am I willing to spend more time in prayer?  Yes, yes! I am willing.

I want to be a better person:  More giving, more helpful, more positive, nicer!  I want to be the best version of me, to be a light in this world.   Am I willing to be nicer, less negative, more helpful, and oh my word…to quit murmuring and complaining?!  Yeah, but it ain’t gonna be easy.

I want to lose weight.   Am I willing to make the effort to make better choices, slow down, and enjoy the food instead of using it as a means to insulate myself?  Am I willing to learn to discipline myself and “die to self” daily in this area?   Yes, I am. 

I plan to make another detailed post about losing weight…and I’ll probably write about it more this year than last year.   Since it’s been a month since I’ve posted, I should, perhaps, make an effort to write more?  I won’t promise that one.


I hope 2017 is a happy one for you…full of peace and joy. 



2016 - Action...The Year of the Verb

2015 - Expectancy and Grace

2014 - More

2013 - The Year to Believe

6 comments:

  1. I just love those graphics! You really are talented. I hope your church is using you to add color to their bulletins or calendars.

    As far as the post--> Me, too!! To al of it.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Effort is a great word. Definitely an action word to accomplish what you want to accomplish this year. Even if you take 2 steps back and only 1 step forward, keep making the effort with your goals; each are so very achievable!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate effort. lolz I walked the stairs and didn't take the elevator all day. huff/puff

      Delete
  3. Thank you so very much for giving permission. You can see your linked header under All, Beliefs, Land/Sea/Skyscapes, Photography, Political and the United States. If you could say something (preferably good) about SiteHoundSniffs.com here and there, we would greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive