Monday, November 7, 2016

Committed Thoughts: The Political Prayers Edition

The day before the election! It seemed to take forever to get here while we were besieged with negative ad after negative commentary, but here we are! If the Lord tarries and allows it, we will choose a new leader tomorrow. There has been a lot of prayer, and there will be a lot more over the next 24 hours; fasting, too. I can’t say there’s ever been a more important election in my lifetime…or ever.

We have polar opposites vying for the title. For some, who to choose has been/is confusing. Others knew right away who they would NOT vote for, therefore, another candidate got their vote by default. Some are sitting this one out. And some are confidently casting their vote. Alabama doesn’t allow early voting, or I would have already got it over with.

My prayer points for this election:
  • His will be done in America as it is in heaven.
  • For Godly wisdom and clarity.
  • That the Holy Spirit be a part of this election.
  • For Truth and Light to shine through the deception and darkness.
  • Blind eyes to be opened.
  • That each vote will be  protected.
  • For peace.
  • Protection for every person involved in the process, from the candidate to the voter, and everyone in between.

May God have mercy on America. 

“…if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”  (2 Chronicles 7:14)


2 comments:

  1. Amen! God's will to be done as in heaven here on earth. No matter what, He will still be in control and all authority will be Jesus' no matter who sits in the white house.

    Oh Lord Jesus help America!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautifully expressed post. I wish I could follow the election on Tues, but I"ll be heading up to Central Oregon for my cancer surgery. But I suppose God doesn't need me to help with the outcome (ha ha) so I'll eventually hear how it all comes out. We get to vote early (by mail) here in Oregon. I've enjoyed your "prayer" posts, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive