Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Tuesday's Thoughts...The Nice America Edition


Truth is no less true just because it is not believed; but a lie believed has the power to destroy lives…and countries.

Countries are also destroyed when we let wrongs go unchecked; when there is no recompense for deception and broken laws.  When we turn our heads and let evil stand…when we do not demand truth!   God is a God of Justice…Jehovah Misphat…He loves justice; the foundation of His throne is justice and righteousness.

If it’s wrong, it’s wrong for everyone, not just for others.
Us, too.
Remember that oft-quoted scripture, “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”  (2 Chron. 7:14)?   We sometimes forget that we…Christians, His people…are who this scripture is directing to repent.  We can’t look out the corner of our judgmental, narrowed eyes at others wishing they would repent.  It starts with us. 

And as a final thought…ugly things posted about the candidate of our choice will not change our minds.   In fact, the negativity makes me dig my heels in deeper with my decision, how about you?  I hope when the DNC is over, social media, news outlets and talk shows will stop fanning the flames by spinning everything the opposing party says and does.   Maybe then my blog will get back to being lighter...and funnier.

I sure would like to see a nicer America.
Please Lord, let it start with Your children.

This is an actual page from my Bible...I pray this chapter often (Psalm 51),
and when I do, I in add my notes:   my prayer  includes "...and renew a steadfast,
unwavering,loyal, dedicated, true, trusty, and faithful spirit within me..."


2 comments:

  1. I like how you mark in your Bible; I do something similar at times.

    Sadly, I fear after the Democratic convention things will turn up a notch or two with the candidates attacking each other. I wish they would run on their platform and not smear the other's campaign. (I'm praying for that.)

    2 Chronicles 7:14 is good Scripture. I've been studying and looking at the dedication prayer Solomon does right before that Scripture is given (2 Chronicles Chapter 6). It is all fascinating what he prays for, what he wants God's response to be, and what God does say when he visits Solomon afterwards. We need to pray that Scripture and live that Scripture but we also need to take into consideration that which is said prior to it too.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few weeks ago, I stood in church and reminded us all of the "If my people..." vers and exactly what you wrote here: "We sometimes forget that we…Christians, His people…are who this scripture is directing to repent" I ended by saying, "It's US. We are the ones who are not doing what God has told us to do. We are the reason God has not healed our land. We refuse to repent of our compromises and sin. It is not them--it is us."

    After the gasps, there was a whole lot of silence... The pastor did rally and agree..and sort of prayed a repentant prayer. But it was, and is still, clear that repentance has not started at our church house. Pointing fingers at the gross sin of sinners feels so much better than doing as God direct US to dos.

    Sigh. Sorry. Stepping off of the soap box.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive