Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thursday's Thoughts

Tulips, University of North Alabama
  • Did anyone notice the $0.13 jump in gas prices yesterday? It seems like election year always brings gas prices down, why is that?
  • I wonder if Donald Trump realizes the tremendous responsibility he is stepping into…providing he is elected, and I believe he very well may be. I wonder even more if he realizes he can’t call people like Vladimir Putin, Hassan Rouhani, Bashar al-Assad, and Kim Jong-un “Idiot!” when he doesn’t like what they are saying and doing…even if they are.
  • Politics brings out the worst in people. I am just plain weary with Facebook…and I am having to hide a few people from showing up on my “wall.”
  • Is it just me, or does anyone else feel dizzy right before elevator doors open?
  • April is coming…do you know what that means?! Why, it’s the A to Z blogging challenge!  I will blog 26 days out of the 30 for the month!  This will be my fourth year to participate. Other than photography, I am not sure what I am going to do…short stories? One continuous serial story? Random thoughts? I am running out of time to decide, that’s for sure. Maybe I’ll do a hodge podge with no theme…wouldn’t be the first time. 
  • I am also participating over at Committed Thoughts, but that one will be a theme: A daily devotional.   
  • If you are a blogger and have not signed up for the challenge, I highly recommend it. Read about it HERE and sign up HERE
Tulip, University of North Alabama

By the way...The ol' Musing Brown Recluse will have a whole new look by the start of the challenge.

Happy Friday Eve!

I can't remember where I snapped this shot!



7 comments:

  1. Wow 2 blogs for A/Z! I admire you for attempting it! I got all of mine written, just need to take a few more pictures which I'll add when they are done. I had to get them done since we are moving the weekend beforehand.

    I'm praying for the upcoming election; I'm also doing a lot of praying for John Kasich and his campaign. Of what I see out there, he's got the experience, he doesn't give in to the antics at the debate with the other three that are left and I think he has a solid performance in leadership. He's a long shot but God is the God of the impossible, so who knows......

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kasich has been my pick from the beginning. I think he as pres and Rubio as VP would be a winning ticket. We'll see.

      Delete
    2. I definitely like Kasich...probably would have been my pick, but at this point I don't believe he or Rubio stand a chance. Cruz either, for that matter. At first I cringed every time I thought of Trump getting the nomination. Then I remembered that God does place people where He wants them...and if God can speak through a donkey, then he can sure use Trump. I believe with all my heart he'd be a better choice than Hillary. We just have to keep praying.

      Delete
    3. Hang on , Margaret! Don't get sucked to the dark side! snicker.

      (I just got back. I had intended to comment to you, but just as I finished my reply to Betty, Bill got home and I had to go downstairs. I just came back up--and here you are...unless you've been sucked away into the black hole and will never read this. :} )

      Delete
    4. haha the dark side is beckoning us, that's for sure, but I'm still hanging on...I think things are going to get really interesting (and wearisome) before November.

      Delete
  2. I admire you fellow bloggers with the A-A Challenge. I will be lucky if I do 10 posts this year. I wish I had more time to blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becky! If you got time for breathing, you got time for writing! (A little Andy Griffith humor twist there.) I know what you mean about not having the time...there are days when I can't believe it's already 9 p.m. and I haven't gotten anything accomplished! Good to hear from you.

      Delete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive