Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

I really thought Miley Cyrus was saying “I came in like a rainbow” in her new song, Wrecking Ball.   She’s not.  I rarely listen to secular music, but I live in the real world, and I can’t help but hear things…like her song.  Unfortunately, I’ve also seen part of the video.   Now, I can’t hear the song without a mental image of Miley naked.  I hope I never hear that song again!   If you haven’t been subjected to her video, close your eyes if you are ever in the line of fire. 
Maybe it’s just me, but you want your advertising to be taken seriously, don’t say the word, “ginormous” once, much less four times in your ad.  The only thing I remember about that commercial is how silly the word is, and I do not know what product they were trying to sell me.
I saw a guy riding his bicycle around campus a little while back.   It had no seat on it.  Do you hear what I’m saying?   There was a bar where a seat should have een, pointed directly at the center of his posterior.   If he were to slip off a pedal…well, have you ever heard the expression, “Ripped him a new one?”  Yeah, pretty sure that’s what would have happened. 
Ole Boyism:
Me:  If we have to have a democrat in office, I think Hillary would have been a better choice.
Ole Boy:   She's already served two terms, how many more do you want to give her?

Have a great Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Another practical, genuine post...I agree! Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL with what Ole Boy said about Hiliary. Oh my gosh, I can't imagine a bike without a seat with a guy riding it. Good to see you posting again!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed a laugh, thanks. The mental image of the bicyclist and the Hilary comment worked.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive