Thursday, September 26, 2013

Zingers and Pictures

I posted these "zingers" in April...I am posting it again for my own sake.  I am not sure why, but I am still dealing with the urge to eat.  Still no bread, chips, sugar, etc., but I have had sugar free candy.   It didn't seem to bother me before, but I am wondering now if that has something to do with my yearn to feed.   It's not overwhelming, but I can't deny that it's there.  I guess I need to reevaluate, readjust...rethink.

Weight loss zingers for the Child of God

  • It’s going to take more time than you planned for or wanted it to.
  • If you weigh every day, be prepared for fluctuations and say no to discouragement.  Patience is vitally important.
  • You may possibly temporarily gain weight with exercise.
  • There will be days you don’t do everything “right.”
  • There will be days you don’t do anything “right.”
  • If you rely on your own strength, you will invariably struggle.
  • If you rely on God’s strength, you can pick up on Monday where you left off on Friday…after that weekend food-fest.   And He will help you to overcome those overdone weekends and/or nights.
  • God hears every prayer for freedom, but He requires you to believe that you have what He has already paid for with the blood of His son, our precious Jesus.
  • You will hit plateaus.
  • Some plateaus last a long time.   Again, patience.
  • You may need to give up sugar.  It certainly helped me.
  • You can do this…even if you need to lose 175 pounds.
  • You don’t have to wait until Monday to start.
  • You don’t have to wait until tomorrow to restart.


6 comments:

  1. Great, great post! Thanks! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those zingers are something we should print out and put some place to read daily. You live in such a pretty place; enjoyed the pictures.

    Are you stressed over anything? Is that why you have the urge to eat? Dehydrated?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a phenomenal photographer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to wonder if any campus in Alabama has more beauty than UNA... (Not that I'm prejudiced or anything.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely no prettier campus...and I'm not biased at all! ☺

      Delete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive