Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy First Day of Autumn!

It was such a beautiful fall day
Photobucket 
 The very first day of Autumn...
 
Photobucket
Ole Boy and I visited Rock Springs on Natchez Trace
Photobucket

We walked the Nature Trail


Photobucket
We saw several of these little hummingbirds...

Photobucket
...Who were after this Jewel Weed Flower

Photobucket
We saw very few flowers like this...a remnant of summer.

Photobucket
Some of this fungus looked more like flowers
Photobucket
I'm not fully convinced that it wasn't some flowers with the fungus.

Photobucket

No clue what this is...
but it was on a vine that looked a bit like a watermelon or cantaloupe vine.

Photobucket

More fungus...
Photobucket


Photobucket

A beaver dam...notice how they've whittled the trees down to stubs.

Photobucket

This looks like a dragonfly.   However, if this is indeed a dragonfly,
it was the biggest one I have ever seen!!  The body was every bit the size 
of the larger humming birds!   I was several feet away from 
whatever this is, and I could see it pretty well.



I had said that I was going to take the whole month of September off, to study and learn...but all I did was waste time!   I don't know how I can procrastinate so well!    I suppose if I were honest, I'd have to admit that social media can become an addiction, and I spend entirely too much time in front of my blasted computer!!!

I sometimes think of deleting my Facebook account, resolving to check email only one time per day, and limiting internet surfing time to no more than two hours per day.   But that's probably too liberal a time limit...

I hope your first day of Autumn was a peaceful and beautiful as mine.

5 comments:

  1. Love your first day of Autumn pictures; great area to walk around in enjoying God's creation. I do think we all have a tendency to let the computer suck us in; I spend way too much time on it myself. I've whittled down a lot of friends from FB and I don't accept every friend request I get; mainly stay on it to play Word With Friends and keep us with family. Whittling down my blog reading too. So does that mean you are back from your blog break?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you make me wanna go to the trace!!! glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fall - I love that season too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos!
    I could sit on one of those rocks (in the first photo) all day and be totally content. I love to be around all things "green and growing". I am a land lover. Beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos. I love the Season and the fall in its colours. Drop to my page. I was in the mood that day for my coloured cape.

    I think today. I better put on my photos Of beginning of Spring. Been rainning alott so maybe we wont see the red leaves if the frost dont come later.

    I do like to go into the bare bush and grab the character of some trees limbs..

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive