Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two Cents Tuesday


Evolution:
I imagine satan and a few of his imps standing around looking at little Charlie Darwin playing with his stuffed sock monkey.   Satan says to his imps, “I bet I can make young Charlie here believe he came from an ape.”    “You’re on!” the imps reply.  Satan won.  Sadly.  Not only did he convince Charles Darwin, he has deceived many, and mainstream media has been more than willing to help him.

The antichrist?
Hopefully, I’ve made no secret that I am a Believer.   A Christian.   I believe in Jesus Christ, who died for my sins and who is my salvation.   I am one in the class of people who, according to main-stream media, it is permissible to “bully,” a word that gets a lot of attention these days.  If you harass a Christian, you are not being a bully, it appears.   I wonder…could mainstream media be the antichrist?   Look at how many people are deceived by their pollution.

Forgiveness:
In order to truly, totally, completely forgive someone, you can’t put conditions or demands on their behavior in order for them to be back in your good graces.   It ain’t an easy thing to do when you’ve been hurt.  Or angered.  Or embarrassed.

Grammar:
·       It’s “would’ve,” the contraction for “would have;” it is not “would of,” or “could of.”  When we say it, though (especially in the south), it does sound like “of” instead of “’ve.”   
·       Reality TV is the worst culprit of saying “I” when they should use “me.”   In fact, it’s incorrect usage is so commonplace that when “I” is used correctly, people think you’re using bad grammar.   I’ve been known to talk to the TV…they ignore me.  Oh, wait.   “Ain’t” ain’t grammatically correct. 

Fashion:
Is there a fashion commentator somewhere, on some mountaintop, perhaps, who decides the current season's fashion?  Do magazines and designers wait with baited breath for this guru to declare, with his arm lifted and his index finger extended, "This summer, you shall wear polka dots on your shirts and stripes on your skirts!   You shall wear pants that make even the best of bodies look oddly shaped!   You shall wear ugly shoes…no!  Extremely ugly shoes with your stripes and polka dots and ill fitting britches!”   OK, it’s a little far-fetched to think a fashion pundit would say “britches.”   But who decides the present “fashion?”

Quotes:
My coworkers think I’m scary because I understand the Facebook status of a local wanted individual (wanted as in hunted by “the law.”), “I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other, and when I am alone I am together.”  I thought it was a great status; I now think they are looking at us with worried expressions.   Should I add “paranoid” to that status?

7 comments:

  1. Interesting FB status; I think I would have understood it too! I wonder if he will be found!! I think there are many anti-Christs out there; anyone who is not for him is against him, i.e. anti. It does seem mainstream media is not for him.

    I too always wonder about fashion. Why decides short skirts or long skirts, high heels, flats, etc. I just wear what I want and not worry (too) much about it.

    Hope things calmed down and you had a nice day yesterday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wound this morning and I LOVE it!
    I must admit that I have been out of school for so long that I forget the rules for "I" and "me" usage. Embarassing, but somehow the world keeps spinning...It does seem perfectly acceptable to bully Christians - when talking about them all rules of being "PC" are null & void.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool, entertaining post to read. How do you really feel? Lol! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...my pet peeve--> People who think schizophrenia means multiple personalities. It does not.It is a psychotic disorder with particular emphasis on auditory hallucinations and delusional thinking. Dissociative Identity Disorder would be the correct MH malady for your Facebook friend.. Just sayin'.

    Re: Grammar. Sigh. I am no usage whiz, bur for goodness sakes, shouldn't media personalities know better? My current "yell at the TV" annoyance is the habit of saying things like, "The woman, she fell down the stairs." "The President, he spoke at the fair." Oh, palleeeze.

    The first time I saw someone write "would of" for "would've" was just a couple years ago on a blog. I was really quite put off by that. At first, I had no idea what they were trying to say. :}

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Ding Dang, Deb!! Not it's not so funny...since it's not even accurate. Well, I guess it still makes me giggle a little.

      And it never fails, when I make a post about grammar, I make extra mistakes...I hope I found them all...but that's what I get, I suppose. haha Thanks, Deb, for the medical education.

      Delete
    2. Well....it WAS clever. :} Just not accurate.

      And, yeah, grammar is like that. I think we all have our pet grammar/usage peeves and ignore the ones we do ourselves. some errors I do on purpose. :} My own little down home rebellion, I suppose.

      I don't know what it's like down your way, but p here the phrase "I seen" is extraordinarily common. It seems that news folks go out of their way to interview witnesses who will say, "I seen the car fly by..." Aaarrgghhhh. Like fingernails on a chalk board.

      WEll, anyway, just so you know, blog writing is exempt from grammar fussiness. When we type these comments and posts, sometimes our fingers bypass our brains. I can't tell you the number of times I've reread a post and found that I typed the wrong there or to. So embarrassing. Not like I don't know the difference.

      My final chapter of the vacation chronicles is done. Thanks again for your guidance. Professional travel guides ain't got nothin on you. chuckle.

      De

      Delete
  5. Well, Deb, the wanted person is actually a she, just not Margaret or I--see I used that correctly. No, the wanted person doesn't know what schizophrenia is. It's also kinda funny when people think paranoid schizophrenia is the only kind. We can all be paranoid without being schizo and vice versa. Not naming names here, but I'm sure I often qualify...

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive