Thursday, May 31, 2012

Friday Eve


I was getting ready to post a Friday Fly By when I discovered, much to my dismay, that it is only Thursday.    Friday Eve.   Hmph!   I will do a Thoughtful Thursday instead.  

I am realizing that I am a chronic complainer, it’s more noticeable (to me only, I hope) lately.  I am thinking of working on it.   I'd like to say I'm working on it, but it's kinda like my diet, I'm doing more thinking than doing. 

Anyway, back to complaining, I don't like the beach so much.   But Saturday, I will be headed there with my daughter and my Angels.  I'm leaving Ole Boy at home.   I invited him to go...but if he'd said yes, I would have had to put one of the kids in the trunk.   The cops and DHR don't like that.  Don't get me wrong, I do like the ocean rolling in, the sound of the waves, the salty breeze...but the sand!  I can't stand to be gritty.   I hate that almost as much as being sticky.   I can't abide sticky.   Truthfully, if that's all I have to complain about I should perhaps shut up, yes?

But then, what would I write about?

Ah, I know!   I will write about my feeling of being utterly useless as an adult at times.   Ole Boy's grandson broke his arm at the Children's Museum in Nashville on Saturday.   We had three adults and four kids.   Suddenly, I was the sole supervising adult in this huge museum (three stories!) in charge of three very active (and fast) boys and I was unable to keep up with them.  Completely.  Unable.   But that's not why I was utterly useless.   Ole Boy and his daughter took my car to take Little Bit to the hospital.   I had Jen's car keys, but with absolutely no clue how to get back to the room, keys did me no good.   So, the boys and I stayed (and stayed!) for several hours while Little Bit was getting the care he needed.   He had to have surgery to place some pins in his elbow early Sunday, but he's doing fine.   He's such a sweet little thing.   I really hated that happened to him.    Ole Boy had to come back to the museum to lead me back to the hotel...he drove Jen's car, and I was drove mine.   He was having trouble with the GPS in her car, so I had to take the lead, and I made it back to the room by following the GPS directions in my car...so I wasn't as utterly useless as I thought, I just needed a GPS!

Now if only there were a GPS for life.

Which brings me to my next (and closing) thought:  Florida.  Without Ole Boy.   He is usually both my driver and my navigator.   It makes me a little nervous…about as nervous as this storm system moving through today.   If you're in the Deep South, hunker down.   It's gonna be a long night.

4 comments:

  1. How fun with the road trip with your daughter/grands!! It will be an adventure!! GPS's really do help a lot in navigating; I think you will do great though. And if you get lost, just stop and ask for directions; I find most people are very helpful in that regard. Glad to hear the little one with the broken arm made it through surgery and is now on the mend. Enjoy your time and be safe in all the storms of life;you remember where Jesus was during a storm, asleep in a boat, knowing God was watching over him :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray a safe trip for you and your daughter. Be prepared and pay attention. Just like we do on the road of Christianity - right? HAVE FUN TOO! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. While we do have a GPS for life, I've been as guilty as most in thinking I can navigate my own way.

    Only three kids? Simple, tie a rope around their waists and tell them to hold on. No rope? Okay, you were on your own weren't you? Hope the little guy is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course, we do have a life GPS! I should spend more time following those directions!!

      Delete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive