Saturday, May 19, 2012

Six Word Saturday: The Disney Edition


I'm joining Cate's Six Word Saturday today, where you describe your life (or something) in a phrase using only six words.   I cheat every time and give a title only in six words.   I guess it's good I don't play along often, yes?  

My best day in Disney World 

My best day was my mom’s worst day!  Some years ago, our family took a trek to Orlando to visit Disney World in a caravan of campers.   I was 15, thought I was grown, and my cousin Brenda was 13.   I can’t speak for her, but I had a blast.    I was under the impression that because the camp grounds and various parks were all linked by trams and trollies and ferries, that I was free to come and go as I pleased, and to take my cousin with me.

Early one morning, we all headed over to the Magic Kingdom.   As soon as we got through the gates, Brenda and I took off, we didn’t say goodbye to the parents.   We came and went from park to park, our hands were stamped so many times that we were even admitted into a water park that we didn’t pay to enter because they couldn’t tell if we had their stamp or not.   (I didn’t figure that out until later…didn’t do it on purpose.)   I think we hit every place the trams went that day.   When we got hungry, we went back to the campsite, climbed in through the window of the camper, ate, left our evidence that we’d been there (we didn’t clean up afterwards) and continued on with our adventure.

What we didn’t realize is that a 15 year old and a 13 year old really had no business running around all over Orlando alone, nor did we realize that my mom was diligently searching for us.   Her eye was peeled every place they went.   We never saw them…we weren’t looking…but they would pass us on a ferry or on a tram, but Mom couldn’t get to us…maybe she caught sight of us in the park, but couldn’t catch us.   When they finally went back to the campsite around 10 p.m. they saw our evidence…and but still didn’t see us!

I don’t think our dads were concerned at all.   Brenda’s mom was more calm than my mom, and I am certain that’s what saved my life.   (I didn’t even get into trouble, which was a miracle.   I might have killed LesLee for that antic!)   Much to the relief of my mom, Brenda and I finally moseyed back to the campgrounds around 11, greatly worn out and slightly blistered.  I don’t believe we did that again, but it was a great day.




Photobucket
Brenda, Gina, Me


For more Six Word Saturday entries,
Visit Cate HERE!

6 comments:

  1. ha! a miracle indeed!! glad you had fun. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to 6WS! I'm a bit naughty too sometimes and just kind of use the six words to introduce my subject. I was grown up when I made it to Disney but it was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! I love this story. Of course nowadays that wouldn't happen with cell phones and all, but as a mom, I can see myself being concerned and looking for you guys all around the place. However, it sounds like it was a blast for you and Brenda!! Love the picture of the three of you! Were we ever that young?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start for six word saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was fun! It was a long time ago that I went to Disney World!!
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS~ I'm a new follower; hope you'll join me!
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive