Friday, May 13, 2011

Just Call Me Home Wrecker

About a month ago, my daughter (Les) got a new phone.   She gave me her number, which I promptly plugged into my phone.  

Three or so weeks ago, I got a phone call from a guy who blocked his number.  The conversation went something like this:
Me:
Hello?
Him:
Who is this?
Me:
Who did you call?
Him:
I don’t know.
Me:
Well, you blocked your number and called my phone, so I’m assuming you know who you were calling.
Him:
No, this number was on my caller ID.
Me:
Well, I don’t know who you are.

Last week, I sent a text to Les which said, Call me NOW!   No response from her.   Not once have I gotten a response from her on that phone, it’s been a great source of irritation for me.

Today, I get a text from her number, and it said, Who is this?  You told me to call you.   I responded,Duh, a week ago!    She texted back,But who is this?    Thinking she’s either being silly or being dumb (because she didn’t recognize my number and obviously didn’t have it saved on her new phone.)  I type back, If you don’t know me by now, you will never, never, never know me.   But I know you!  She wrote back, Give me a hint.  So I continue to play the game:
Me:   
I know your peoples, and they know me.
Her:
I’m lost
Me:  
You luv me.  At least you say you do.
Her:
I haven’t figured out who you are, but at least I now know my boyfriend is talking to another girl. Thank you.

I could not figure out where her head was!  Why would she think her boyfriend was calling a chick from her phone?   And why didn’t she recognize my number?  I’ve only had it for 15 years!

I started calling Les, both her cell, which I’d been texting, and her home.  No answer.  I even called her boyfriend, thinking the poor thing was catching it by now.  No answer there, either.   It also occurred to me that she was playing a joke on me…she does that sometimes. About an hour later, I finally reached her.  I told her that it upset me a little with that last text, because I didn’t know if she was really upset or not, and then she wouldn’t answer.
Les:
What text?
Me:
All those texts you’ve been sending me!

I’m sure you, Gentle Reader, have already figured out that I was not texting with my daughter.   But not me.   *I* was the one being dumb.  

I had been calling this number for a month, no one answers.   I have also sent a few texts.   The owner of the phone has to think I’m nuts…after calling me and asking me who I was, then to get about 100 phone calls from my number since then.

I’m probably a home-wrecker!  I’m sure he’s catching heat.   After Les convinced me that indeed I did have the wrong number keyed in, I sent one last text trying to explain that my daughter had gotten a new phone, and that I’d saved it in my phone wrong.   I can only hope she believed me.  He probably hopes so, too.  

6 comments:

  1. ouch....that one is almost as good as mom's...actually, i think this beat mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh, myyyyy gooodnesss! :o

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! that is too funny!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you saved her from being with him anymore. She obviously was suspecting he was messing around. He may have been just not with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you home wrecker!! I hope you read my first comment before Blogger ran into its troubles yesterday!! darn that Blogger!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hysterical and sad for the poor guy! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive