Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Musings...


Dear Female College Student:
Those too-high heels are making you walk a little funny.   I worry that you’re going to fall.  

Dear Male College Student:
Puh-leeze pull up your britches!!!

Dear Peking:
Never again!   You used to be a pretty decent Chinese meal…not anymore.

Dear Huffington Post:
Thanks for the Superuser status, but I won’t be needing it.

Dear Alabama Voters:
Do you remember in 1985 when Guy Hunt was elected governor?   Alabamians were so frustrated with Charlie Graddick and Bill Baxley’s constant fighting that they voted in a Republican for the first time in 113 years.    I’m wondering if Gingrich and Romney are causing just as much frustration among Republican voters…and I have to ask, of all the people in America, we’re down to these two as front runners?

Dear God:
Help!

Dear Self:
Nothing brings out the anonymity in folks better than a political and/or God blog.

Dear Anonymous Commenter:
I hope you don’t find out the hard way that a leopard can’t change his spots.

4 comments:

  1. Haha. I'm with you on all of this! I told my husband the other day that all of the political bickering was so bad that I was tempted to just walk into the polling center in November and vote "D" and I've never voted a straight party ticket in my life! (I'll have no say in the primary because I'm a registered Democrat. :o)

    God is in control....good thing.

    Deb

    P.S. Maybe He will help Annoymouse with his backbone problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dear God, HELP one. Sorry about the anonymous commenter; always think it is a bit chicken if someone leaves an anonymous comment, especially if it is a negative one. One should be able to stand up for what one believes or thinks and not hide behind anonymity.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought Obama would look good to me, but he does compared to what's left of the Republican line up...or even what it started out with. Romney has some splainin' to do, and if Newt should win his party's nomination, PresBo would be lookin' mighty good.

    Over at O.B.'s blog, we have another woman stating a rape victim deserved it because she wasn't "squeaky clean." Is this how people really feel? The four year-old seduced him (in a recent arrest)? Is sanity really at that high a premium?

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive