Monday, December 19, 2011

The Comedy of Errors at Logan’s Roadhouse

Logan’s Roadhouse knows I love them, Ole Boy and I visit at least once a week.   Lately, they’ve given us some real characters for servers, though.  Yesterday, the server was just bad.   ‘Nuff said.  

Not too long ago, our server…whose name was not Buffy (but I somehow felt she could have worn the name well, so that’s what I have nicknamed her) took our order, and that’s where the fun began.     We decided to do the Three Course Meal, because having fallen off the diet wagon, I was looking for all things diet unfriendly!    I ordered the crispy fried tilapia fillets, which is a brand new item on the menu (a semi-important detail), and I asked for the fried mushrooms for the appetizer.   Buffy brought our salads right out, but no ‘Shrooms.    After 20 minutes, we finally asked about the appetizer, which I’m thinking should have been brought out before the salad…she winked (oh, yes she did) and said, “Let me check on those for you!”   She comes right back with a basket, and says, “Sorry for the delay on that!   Be careful, they are piping hot!”   They were barely warm.

When our entrées finally arrive, she brought me the Tilapia Santa Fe.   When I told her I ordered the fried tilapia, she said, “Oh, this is how our tilapia is served!”   I said, “The menu said fried,” and I showed her.  She said, “Oh, well, nobody ever orders that, so I just assumed you wanted the Santa Fe.”    I said, “Well, it’s a new item…”  

The three course choice comes with dessert.   When we were finished our entrées, she brought our bill, which charged us for the three courses, and thanked us for coming in.   I said, "We haven't ordered dessert..." and she winked again, and said, "Oh, yes, I know!   I'm just waiting for you to tell me what you'd like."  

Buffy told us she was from New York, and hadn’t been here long.   I told her that she didn’t have an accent, so I wouldn’t have guessed she wasn’t from the south.   She then said she was from “upstate” New York, and that’s why she didn’t have a strong accent.   As we were leaving, she said, “Bye, Y’all,” in what I’m almost certain was a Kentucky twang, certainly not upstate New York.

I think I’ll put Buffy on my “Naughty” list, but keep Logan’s on my “Nice” list.  Hopefully, I’ll have my Naughty and Nice list complete and posted by tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to your naughty and nice list. Wonder what Buffy's next job will be? Somehow I don't see her staying very long at Logan's?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh. We get that kind of waitress allll of the time. For some reason, it amuses my husband. Bigger sighhhhhh. I am seriously NOT amused. :(

    Actutally, I think what amuses him is 1. my vain attempt to keep silent..which lasts for a bit until I allow my mouth to open and (2) what comes out of my mouth--which, in my defense, is spoken for medicinal reasons only so that I don't explode on site and ruin everyone else's dinner.

    Ha. So it's medicinal AND unselfish. There. Not impatient or snarky at all.

    I feel much better now.

    Merry Christmas, girlfriend.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seem to find those servers most of the time...sigh....one lil gal at applebees i've had 4 times straight...i just don't have the heart to tell her no, please get me another server....loved deb's response above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any time I have ever been winked at...it doesn't work out in the end. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive