Sunday, October 24, 2010

Meet Ole Boy

I am an Andy Griffith Show fan by default; I married Ole Boy, who is definitely a huge Andy fan. Last week, we were on vacation, and one of the places we visited was Mount Airy, NC, Andy Griffith's hometown. (disclaimer: It's the Andy Griffith Show that I like.)

The slideshow on the previous entry (which is not the one I wanted, but it's the only one I could get to work) is pictures from that leg of our journey.    We also visited Southern Virginia, Maggie Valley, NC, Asheville, NC, Gatlinburg, TN and Pigeon Forge, TN.   In "Mayberry," Ole Boy got to meet Betty Lynn, the actress who played Thelma Lou on The Andy Griffith Show.   I believe it was the highlight of his trip.  

We had a great time, and saw some wonderful color!   I'll be posting some of that color on my next entry.    We saw everything thing from "still green" to "past peak" and even "way past peak."   Tomorrow, it's back to the old grind for both of us.    Somehow, I just don't feel ready to go back yet!
 
We also got to have dinner with some special members of my clan, Ruble's family, at Bubba Gumps, where someone told the server that it was Ole Boy's birthday the week before.   (I promise it wasn't me! and I had nothing to do with it!!)    They made him stand on a chair in the middle of the dining room and they tried to get him to shake his booty, but he didn't.    It sure was funny.   There is a pic of him on the chair on the below.
Some more pictures of Ole Boy:
 
Mingus Grist Mill

Pilot Mountain

Birthday Boy at Bubba Gumps.
He was supposed to shake his booty.   He didn't.



The two of us.

3 comments:

  1. sounded like you guys did a lot of fun things on your vacation, Meg! glad you got to spend some time with your uncle's family; I'm sure that was a special time! I don't think I ever saw Ole Boy's picture before; thanks for sharing! you look great in the picture of the two of you together!!

    no one is ever ready to go back to work after a vacation :) but you do get to carry those memories back with you so that is always a nice thing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, you are one lucky gal to be so close to vacation in such beautiful country! All those fall colors peeking through the photos! And you and your Man are adorable!
    Blessings,
    Janeen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, the 2 of you look, well....like you really belong together. That is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive