Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thursday's Commited Thoughts: Abortion


Ohio Republicans have passed what appears to be America’s strictest abortion bill.  It’s not a “ban” because abortions will be legal until the baby’s heartbeat can be heard.   It is called "The Heartbeat Bill."

It is now on the governor’s desk for his signature.  You may remember him, John Kasich, former presidential candidate who refused to back the Republican Presidential Nominee.  Kasich may not sign the bill, and if he doesn’t, I would venture to guess it would be because the bill will prohibit abortion in cases of rape or incest, again, after the heartbeat. 

If Governor Kasich does sign the bill, the ACLU (the anti-Christian liberties union) is already prepared to challenge it in court.  

The rest of this post is all my opinion, and if you are pro-abortion, you may be enraged by the time I’m through, so you are forewarned.   

For the record, I am withholding my thoughts on cases of rape or incest because those sensitive cases deserve more than a few passing sentences in a pro-life blog post.


I am definitely pro-choice, but the choice is not whether or not to take a baby’s life.  Choices begin when one makes a decision to have unprotected sex…however, since no birth control is 100% effective, the choice actually begins when you decide to have sex. 

Already deceived and narrow-minded activists in Ohio are chanting:
“O-H! I-O! Abortion bans have got to go!” carrying signs that read, “Stop Playing Politics with Women’s Health.”

Since when did ripping a baby from the womb cease to be about a baby being ripped from the womb and about a woman’s healthcare?   Abortion is not healthcare.  It is not healthy!!  Least of all is it healthy for the baby...who actually dies...

You can call it a fetus, or you can call it a “clump of cells” but God calls it life.  The Bible tells us in Psalm 139 that He sees our substance being yet unformed (in the womb) and in His book are written all the days He fashioned for each of us before we were formed.  That makes us all pretty important.

Perhaps you don’t believe the Bible is God’s word?  
I hope you get revelation before it’s too late. 
But I digress.


I’ve heard people say that Conservatives are not pro-life, they are pro-birth, meaning that they don’t care about how babies are cared for once they are born.  And for the most part, I agree with that supposition.  Let me say it again, the choice begins BEFORE the pregnancy.

Pro-abortion activists point out that abortions were always available.  Before it was legal, they were performed in dirty basements and back alleys, where women died.  And that is true.  But that doesn’t make neutralizing unborn babies any more acceptable. 

In a world where people are lovers of self, lovers of money, boasters, proud, abusive, disobedient, ungrateful and unholy (2 Timothy 3)…deceived into thinking that they can live by their “anything goes” rules instead of God’s rules, where do you start to combat this war on the unborn.

I mean, how do you fight deception?
Not by flesh and blood. 
So we start by praying.
And follow up with education…show them what really happens in abortions.   Show them other options, such as adoption.  There are so many couples waiting for babies!   Remind young women that they are worth so much more than casual sex!   And we give…find a local charity or pro-life clinic (such as our local Shoals Sav-a-Life) and help support them.   

People who are pro-abortion are just as convinced as I am that they are right…
only they don’t have God’s word to back them up.  

For those who have had an abortion, I wrote THIS.  (link)


Psalm 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.




4 comments:

  1. I have said much of this in various conversations over the years, and now that I've read it written back to me--I still believe it.

    I used to volunteer at a pro-life agency, and I distinctly remember looking at the director who was wondering how to respond to the latest pro-choice argument and saying almost the exact words you wrote at the beginning of this post. Women do have the right to choose not to have a baby. If that is their choice, however, they need to support their choice by taking the actions necessary to not get pregnant.

    I know that sounds harsh, but no more harsh than killing a baby.

    Beyond that whole "choice" thing, I have seen the emotional damage that a woman experiences when she realizes that she was lied to before she chose abortion as a quick and easy solution for a bad choice. I've had so many women in my counseling office, weeping, over that choice. They believed the "fetus" myth, the it's not yet human, just a blob of tissue...until they got pregnant with a baby they wanted. And, then, the truth became apparent to them--they had killed a baby.

    TBR, it would just break my heart as I sat with them in their pain. No amount of pointing out their young age, the lies they were told, the fear they felt could take away their anguish and regret. I am grateful I could explain forgiveness and salvation, but the emotional pain was always so sharp and deep for them.

    Ack. My comment's too long. Stopping now.

    Nicely done,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this: They need to support their choice by taking the actions necessary to not get pregnant.

      Your comment is NOT too long! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. I loathe the term "products of conception" which is how the medical world categorizes killing babies through abortion. The minute someone decides to have sex, they need to take it to all the levels and figure out what will happen if they do end up with an unwanted pregnancy. It is sad for some that abortion is considered a first option.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Betty! That term is terrible. It's going to be a long, hard, epic battle to turn Roe v Wade around.

      Delete

Have musings of your own? Comments are welcome...

Blog Archive